Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2015 3:46:55 PM EDT
I recently acquired a PAP M85 with a Tapco G2 trigger.  I noticed that the disconnect and the hammer are a little rough so I have tried to do a small amount of filing on the hammer.  This gun have a full auto safety and a Tapco retaining plate so it's difficult to remove the parts.  I have done some polishing on triggers before but any advice would be appreciated.  Is there anything else to look for?  I have also read the maybe the spring under the disconnect may be too short?
Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 5:19:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Make sure both ends of the hammer spring are properly seated on the trigger.

Check this out
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 9:16:16 AM EDT
[#2]
That was the first thing I checked.  They are both seated properly and don't move from their position.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 1:17:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Can you take a video of what is happening? I know it is really tough to get a good angle but that may be of some help.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 5:41:00 PM EDT
[#4]
What's the best way to upload videos?
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 6:10:21 PM EDT
[#5]
[youtube]https://youtu.be/FFkHrFnxnAc[/youtube]
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 6:11:03 PM EDT
[#6]
https://youtu.be/FFkHrFnxnAc
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 11:10:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry...I forgot you need to be a "team member" to imbed videos....here you go
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 11:14:24 PM EDT
[#8]
When you release the trigger (after the initial pull) the disconnect or should release, but yours does not seem to do this. I would try a replacement from tapco. This is the first time I have seen this, do you have the hammer spring wound too tight? My other guess would be that your disconnect spring is too powerful. It could have something to do with the FA selector.

Eta: my first guess is you have the hammer spring wound to tightly
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 2:09:52 PM EDT
[#9]
You say you did some filing? Looks like if you shorten the disconnector "hook" you should be GTG.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 11:23:48 PM EDT
[#10]
How do I test if the trigger spring is too tight?  
Would the disconnect spring be too weak instead of too strong?  It does appear to be slightly lower in the front when compared to my M92.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 11:26:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't know if I should shorten the disconnect?  Rule of thumb is not to change shape or angles of the parts when filing.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 11:50:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 2:33:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I would not, it is just sticking, not catching.  A little light polishing will likely fix it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know if I should shorten the disconnect?  Rule of thumb is not to change shape or angles of the parts when filing.

I would not, it is just sticking, not catching.  A little light polishing will likely fix it.

This. I had the same problem. You just need to do a little polishing on the underside of the disconnecter where it mates with the hammer. It won't take much.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 2:56:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 3:51:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Any advice on getting the parts out?  I can't push the trigger pin out because it's held in with the Tapco retaining plate and the safety is FA and won't rotate past the disconnect.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 5:57:16 PM EDT
[#16]
The retaining plate should come out fairly easily, that's one of its advantages over the sheprd's crook. As for the safety, I can only direct you to YouTube. On my rifle I didn't even need to remove the FCG - I just put a little grease on the underside of the disconnecter (just enough that it would release the hammer on its own) and then started shooting the rifle. Eventually the surfaces polished themselves. It really took that little.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 5:57:28 PM EDT
[#17]
It should pass the disconnect or, sometimes they need a little oil and a rubber mallet
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:21:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It should pass the disconnect or, sometimes they need a little oil and a rubber mallet
View Quote

Thanks for the advice lol...worked like a charm!  Just left a rounded off edge on the corner.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:23:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Turns out the parts did need some polishing but the biggest culprit was the SB47 brace!  The tongs that sit between the pistol grip and receiver were extending too far and catching the back of the trigger preventing it from returning to position.  I filed off the inside corners of both sides and it clears the trigger now.  Thanks for the help everyone!
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top