Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/9/2015 3:38:32 AM EDT
having an issue where the trigger pin on my WASR 10 keeps walking out.  Can anyone suggest a solution to this?  Or does anyone know of a company that manufactures anti walk pins for a Romanian AK?
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 4:22:22 AM EDT
[#1]
google shepherd's crook for ak. basically it's a piece of wire that engages the notches in your FCG pins inside the receiver to keep them from walking out.

you might not have one installed or it may not be functioning properly.  as i recall you can make one out of a full auto sear spring; they also sell retaining plates, i think e-clips/hairpin clips will work as well.

ETA:

Retaining plates are supposed to install much more easily than wires or clips.

TAPCO retaining plate, $5 at Amazon

Link Posted: 4/15/2015 7:02:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Your axis pin retainer wire or shepherds hook or crook, should be in one of these configurations. If it is not try to reinstall it in the closest of the one pictured here.
https://2ahawaii.com/index.php?action=media;sa=media;in=31
If you can't get it to work or find it too much trouble go to the retainer plate. The retainer plate works & is easy to remove & install, I think if the inventor (Mikhail Kalashnikov) of the AK47 was alive he would want something like the retainer plate in his guns.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 6:23:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I came here to ask this same question. I didn't even have to do a search to find the answer, thanks guys!

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 2:52:09 PM EDT
[#4]
http://www.krebscustom.com/products/50/Krebs-Custom-Trigger-Pin-Retaining-Plate-for-AK-Rifles
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 6:59:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Hell maybe this can help keep mine from doing the same. Was scratching my head earlier wondering how I'd be able to prevent it. Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 8:53:01 AM EDT
[#6]
On one of my rifles, the retaining wire needed to be tapped lightly to get into the axis pin groove. It just didn't fall deep enough into the groove.
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top