Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2014 8:05:36 PM EDT
I just got mine  from Classic Firearms.

Question, the compensator is threaded on, it seems there is a spring detent that holds it tight so to say however it is still loose on mine. Meaning, if I hand tighten as much as I can then the recess that would be engaged by the detent would be past the spring detent and will not engage. Translation, it is not fully hand tight, is this an issue? Makes me nervous. Thanks, I get the feeling it is the way it is designed but I am unsure.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 8:09:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a wasr, the thread is loose on mine aswell. Im pretty sure that's how it's supposed to be?

In for info.

Edit: how's the finish on your AK? I got mine from Atlantic and it had a bunch of scratches on it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 9:15:18 PM EDT
[#2]
It looks okay.  When I picked it up I asked the FFL about function and he showed me safe/fire position.  I asked him " wont that scratch?"  He said yes and it is common.  Between him saying that and everyone telling me about running it over, skipping it on the pavement, burying it in mud, etc I have decisided I'm not going to care much about the finish.  If normal function puts and arc scratch on the receiver then what am I worried about?

Have you fired yours yet?
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 9:29:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Normal. Just shoot the commie bastard already, and stop pussyfootin around
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 9:35:55 PM EDT
[#4]
That is what I thought however that seems strange that it would be lose but so long as it is safe.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 9:39:24 PM EDT
[#5]
It's safe, don't worry.  That's what the detent is for, its not possible for it to back off.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 9:54:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine's loose. No problem at all. Shoot the crap out of that rifle.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 10:13:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mine's loose. No problem at all. Shoot the crap out of that rifle.
View Quote

Oh, I plan to!!
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 12:19:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes, normal.  If you want to tighten it up you can sand the back of the device until it locks in the detent tight.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 10:22:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks all.  One more that I seem to not be able to get answered.

Grease; I found some high temp wheel bearing/brake grease. About an 16 oz can or so. Is this suitable? I would think so. Thoughts?  I was thinking of using it for metal to metal and oil for other parts.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 8:19:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Your comp is how it should be. The grease should work just fine in all but the coldest temps. You're not the first person I've seen using bearing grease.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 9:52:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I actually bought some Lubriplate 130-A, that should be good, right?
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 12:46:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Yup
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 5:46:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Then I will use it!
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top