Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/1/2014 4:41:32 PM EDT
Not too familiar with the AK system but I bought a N-PAP a while back since I thought it would be nice to have an AK for shooting steel at the range but it has mostly lived in the closet because I'm not too happy with the accuracy. Wolf averages 5" at 50 yards and some Federal ammo grouped around 4" at 50 yards regardless of using scope or open site which kinda sucks in my opinion.

I'm going to take it this month and get the barrel recrowned just in case that is the issue but if the groups don't dramatically improve would a new barrel help? or are there other changes that I should also try?

I know I shouldn't expect sub-MOA performance like with my ARs but I would like to get down to 2 inches or less so hopefully I miss fewer plates.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 11:36:09 PM EDT
[#1]
You may be right about the crown, but before modifying anything try a box of match-grade ammo just to be sure it's the rifle. Your NPAP should not be shooting that poorly.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 11:49:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, mine will shoot about a 3" group at 100 yds with cheap ammo. Try several kinds of ammo before modifying it.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 11:51:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Will look into trying a few more brands. Good to know other people get better accuracy out of the rifle so there might be hope for mine
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top