Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/29/2014 8:24:07 PM EDT
Hey folks. I was at the range yesterday and started to have a few problems. Specifically, if I held the trigger back as the rifle cycled then the trigger wouldn't reset properly. If I released the trigger as soon as it fired I wouldn't have a problem, provided I could release it quickly enough. I pulled off the dust cover tonight to see what was going on and it appears that if the trigger is held back as the bolt carrier cycles, the disconnecter is reluctant to release the hammer. The spring isn't moving out of place and everything appears to be where it should. I shot a quick video, please take a look and shoot me some suggestions for fixing this issue.  Thanks!

[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1sg8pkJTTDQ[/youtube]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:58:40 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:37:17 AM EDT
[#2]
This happened to me when I put a double hook G2 in my M92.  I think it is the black oxide on the FCG.  I polished the sear and hammer LIGHTLY with some 400 and 800 grit paper and added a drop of Slip 2000.  Works good now.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:23:31 PM EDT
[#3]
First step is to check if you have an old-stock trigger set.  Tapco had a problem with some early units having the disconnecter spring hole bored too deep and this reduced power on the disconnecter.
Do a search on this forum, there's pictures and details on how deep the hole should be.

Depending on where you got it, the unit might be old stock.

Check the action and trigger unit for debris and fouling that might be interfering.
If this unit was working properly and suddenly stopped, look for debris and broken or chipped parts, rusty spring or parts, etc.

Use a little grease to lubricate the trigger hook, disconnecter hook, and the contact areas on the hammer for both hooks.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:19:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
First step is to check if you have an old-stock trigger set.  Tapco had a problem with some early units having the disconnecter spring hole bored too deep and this reduced power on the disconnecter.
Do a search on this forum, there's pictures and details on how deep the hole should be.

Depending on where you got it, the unit might be old stock.
View Quote

I don't imagine Tapco would have provided an easy way for me to determine production date? Nah, that'd be too easy. I don't believe there's any debris mucking up the works; I'll run my finger along the underside of the disconnector to see if there are any rough spots that need to be polished.

Thanks for the suggestions..
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top