Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/27/2014 8:19:19 PM EDT
Picked up a new WASR-10 and took it out to zero the irons. went to move the drum with a sight tool and noticed it moved far easier then my other AKs, I can move it with just finger pressure. I sent Century an email to see if they would just send me a new drum, assuming this is the issue. If the front sight assembly itself is out of spec then I guess the  whole rifle will go back. Anybody seen this problem and know a fix?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:01:34 PM EDT
[#1]
You may be able to get a knurling tool and go around the sight drum with it to fix the problem, if a new drum doesn't fix it. The knurling will displace some of the metal and increase the O.D. of the sight drum slightly which should make for a better fit.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:01:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I ran across a forum where someone said they had the same problem. Their fix fast to take the drum out and flip it around. I tried that and it seems to work. I'll head to the range as soon as it stops raining.

UPDATE: It stopped raining not long after I posted this. It seems to be working just fine for now.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 12:41:20 PM EDT
[#3]
A military AK armorer might simply take it out and very slightly deform it (peen) with a hammer to tighten it up. There's hardly anything on these rifles that can't be fixed with a properly-applied hammer. :)
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top