Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2014 1:46:05 PM EDT
Please refer to this post! Sorry but I don't know how to format hyperlinks in forums so I just linked my reddit post!

http://www.reddit.com/r/ak47/comments/2f0p0e/i_need_your_help_comrades_ak_trigger_failure/

Is this a common issue with Tapco G2 triggers?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 1:57:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Please refer to this post! Sorry but I don't know how to format hyperlinks in forums so I just linked my reddit post!

http://www.reddit.com/r/ak47/comments/2f0p0e/i_need_your_help_comrades_ak_trigger_failure/

Is this a common issue with Tapco G2 triggers?
Thanks.
View Quote

Hammer spring tail came off the trigger legs. Usually due to improper reassembly. The only other reason for this is if the trigger legs are short - which does not look like the case.

Never had this issue on G2s, except for the two scenarios I posted above.

ETA: To expand on the improper reassembly comment, if you drop the hammer spring down before you install the safety lever, the safety block can push the spring out of the trigger leg (as pictured on your reddit post).
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 3:00:51 PM EDT
[#2]
So should I reinstall the FCG by putting the safety on BEFORE I drop both hammer springs on the disconnector legs?
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 3:06:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So should I reinstall the FCG by putting the safety on BEFORE I drop both hammer springs on the disconnector legs?
View Quote

Yes. Always. The hammer spring legs gets set in last.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 3:18:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you. I'll do this when I get off of work tonight!
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:02:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I had similar case with the Rommy G I built. I had the right rail off old type( lower part trough which hammer pin is going trough didn't have the bump pressed in; it was flat) this allowed the spring to bent under and move the rear hook of the trigger. I fixed it by inserting a washer and this let spring sit on it (it became the bearing for spring) and not slip and move rearward.
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top