Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/9/2014 1:24:44 PM EDT
This was also posted in the build it yourself area.  

I recently built two AK 74's from a kit. One had no issues with headspacing when the barrel was reinstalled. The other had a good headspace prior to removing the barrel in order to install the trunnion in the receiver, but had excessive headspace after the barrel was reinstalled and pin put back in. I put the rifle with the pinned barrel back into the press, and pressed the barrel further in, and it now has a proper headspace.

That being said, should I still be concerned and consider getting and installing an oversized barrel pin, or will the barrel remain in the proper position for the headspace and be good to go with the current barrel pin?

The headspace measurements were made using headspace gauges.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 10:10:31 AM EDT
[#1]
redrill to bigger barrel pin and install bigger pin. That's what I would do.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 7:27:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd shoot it and check the headspace often.  If it starts to increase, I'd repress the barrel, and install the oversize pin.  If it doesn't change, I'd leave it alone.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 11:08:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
redrill to bigger barrel pin and install bigger pin. That's what I would do.
View Quote

This,  Do it right, why mess around and wait for something to change, thats stupid.
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top