Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2014 2:42:34 PM EDT
Currently having issues with the TWS rail on my AK74 Sidefolder. Rifle fires but bolt becomes pinned to rear of cycle and requires pressure to cycle forward. Rifle fired fine with original dust cover. I have tried adjusting the TWS forward and rearward with no change. The cover is not sticking on the actual charging handle . Seems like either the cover is tighter towards the rear or bolt is now sticking on the FCG. Short of a dremel is there anything else I can do.

On a side not the recoil spring guide is almost completely flush with the dust cover from the rear . Im wondering if it needs to be able to go farther to the rear. With dust cover off it travels all the  way back.

Thanks  
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 8:59:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Check for any rub/wear marks. Ideally the "button " should protrude just slightly from the top cover (this provides the camming action to hold the cover tight). I would try putting more rounds through it to see if it loosens up by itself. You may have an issue where the top cover hits the rear trunion -- you may need remove just a bit of material to let the cover drop just a bit lower, then the button will protrude so it isn't flush.

Pics Pics Pics
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 9:17:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you. What pics would be helpful ? three angles is what im guessing your after. Do you need to see the cover removed also with the bolt to the rear ? Im heading to the gun shop tomorrow and will take pics if they cant fix it or let you guys know what it was. I found another post here from a draco owner with the same issue and he states it was the replacement detent for the back of the recoil spring guide. I may try going back to the original one tonight ,.
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top