Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2014 11:27:31 PM EDT
When I first got it I put about 200 rounds through it. About every second or third round wound not load. Some time the bolt would catch the lip of the round, some times the bolt would close on an empty chamber sometimes the round got pushed just above the chamber. Usually the last 10 to 15 rounds in a mag would run. I assume because there was less pressure on the bolt.
I took it home and cleaned the gas system until there was no carbon coming out at all. Took it back to the range yesterday, same thing but it was more like every fifth round and when the gun got hot it ran perfectly.
There is a Smith were I got the gun from. Should I have him fix it or is there an easy fix for it.

Also I used six mags and two drums. I used two types of Tula and Wolf (three types total but not mixed up.) This is a 7.62x39 gun.

Yesterday it was almost exclusively Tula FMJ and I went though about 300 rounds.
I should also mention this gun was a 308 that's now been converted to 7.62x39 by Hard Times Armory pre-86. I have spoken with two other individuals that have the same conversion guns that run 100%.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:53:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Try a different recoil spring.

It may be under-gassed though. May need larger gas port on barrel.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:13:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

The recoil spring does appear longer than most. I'm sure I have one on another gun that's a little shorter. I'll give that a try.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 11:05:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The recoil spring does appear longer than most. I'm sure I have one on another gun that's a little shorter. I'll give that a try.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It may be the original one.

My saiga 308 spring is different than a 7.64x39 spring.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 4:50:51 PM EDT
[#4]
So after a few more times at the range if found it runs great when it's clean, and acts under gassed when it was not cleaned between uses. Anyone ever see this in an AK before?
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top