Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/6/2014 10:40:17 PM EDT
Just bought a brand new sig 556R chambered in the 7.62x39. Needless to say, I was very excited to get it out to the range. I loaded the magazine with some of the highest quality ammo I could find, Tul Ammo, * sarcasm * sent the bolt home and commenced in firing. It fired the round but didn't eject. It didn't even unlock the bolt and make an attempt to eject the round. I went through an entire 30 round mag having to manually eject every round. Has anybody had this issue and have any idea what I should look for before I ship this off to sig.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 4:21:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you check the gas setting?

What magazine were you using?

Max
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 9:59:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Tulammo is good quality stuff.  It gets a bad name because people on ARFCOM parrot the same stuff over and over about it.  Instead, this sounds more like a case of operator error.

Your problem is likely the adjustable gas port, not the ammo.  Turning it 180 degrees from Position I will shut off the gas entirely, which is what it sounds like you've done.

Link Posted: 4/7/2014 10:00:09 AM EDT
[#3]
You might also want to check the Sig Thread.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 10:46:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Guaranteed the gas was off. LOL
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:14:50 PM EDT
[#5]
You or somebody else put the gas regulator in wrong and there was no hole lined up for the gas. Its easy to do, I've done it, but at least I had the sense to suspect something, went to the manual and fixed it. I love the fact that you can easily get to the gas port on this rifle.
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top