Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/31/2014 7:53:03 PM EDT
Posted in the yugo section and reliazed this might be the more appropriate spot.

ok got my npap in and took it apart to give it a once over and clean.....took a few min to figure out to push the little button on the side to be able to push in the receiver cover button.

Now for the fun part, I cant get the *_)@*+@ cover back on, its not as easy as other models i've messed with and i cant seem to get it to snap in place.

I've tried pushing the side button down while installing and it hasnt helped, the few times i thought i was close the spring had actually come loose from its place and went back into the receiver (since the locking button was pressed in)

Anything i'm missing here or any trick?
I feel like a complete idiot here.

I noticed the cover has this lip that comes outward that seems to be hitting on the back end of the receiver, not sure if this is typical of yugos

decided to work it a little with a vice grip and a towel and its certainly getting closer to popping in but just not quite enough for the button to come back through the hole.

It's definitely hitting the metal on the back of the receiver almost hitting the stock, and actually when i first pulled the cover off i got cut by a sliver of metal on the bottom edge.

and yes I am putting the front into the front trunion then lowering down....kind of frustrating for a new rifle, i may give up and buy a TWS for it

Link Posted: 4/5/2014 5:00:35 PM EDT
[#1]
If I remember correctly, on my m70 under folder, the push button also locked the the standard dust cover button partially forward.  Once in that position,  it should install like typical aka cover with slap of palm.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 10:32:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I remember correctly, on my m70 under folder, the push button also locked the the standard dust cover button partially forward.  Once in that position,  it should install like typical aka cover with slap of palm.
View Quote

Yup did that, I bent the cover straight at the bottom and it goes on and off now
Not sure how it got bent  to start with
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top