Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2014 12:27:01 AM EDT
The other day I was installing a new tapco G2 trigger on my draco AK.  Upon opening up the gun I notice that the retaining spring/shepards crook is installed backwards, ie, the round part going around the hammer, not the trigger.  So I remove the trigger first then try to remove the spring, cant, so i try to hammer out the pin.....

And now the spring is stuck between the catch area of the pin and the receiver.  

It wont budge.  I cant pull it, i cant hammer it either direction.  Any suggestions?

ETA- took it to my LGS , let them play w it.  They managed to get it out, so , resolved!
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 12:54:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Stop hammering,  You wont be able to get it out until you remove the spring, you'll only damage something.

Pics would be useful.  Most of the installs I've seen have had the round part around the hammer, not the trigger.

Until then, this might help.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 1:51:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, part of the spring is in the hole.  I would PP but my dang pic acct is down
The question is, how do i remove the spring????
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 12:45:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Can you get to it with a pair of wire cutters? Maybe that's the easiest solution. I've got a left-over shepard's hook from my PSL that you can have. I used one of those plates in it and haven't even thought about it since. I see you're in Texas, if you want it I can send it or ?
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 3:36:36 PM EDT
[#4]
If I cant get it loose and do what Im worried I will have to, Ill take ya up on that offer bud. Thx
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 3:48:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey, I got photobucket to kinda work.  Potato pic-

" />
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top