Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2014 3:11:47 AM EDT
New to this board, been a creeper for awhile. I am finally in need of some help! Bought a Century arms Yugo ak awhile back and finally decided to put a quad rail on it. However I have a bit of a problem. The quad rail didnt seem to fit right and I noticed that my handguard collars were off center from each other..just curious if anyone has seen this before? Is there a way to fix it or is my ak f'ed forever? See pic below. Thanks in advance for any help!

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e383/usmc_vandam/20140215_235705.jpg
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 2:57:03 PM EDT
[#1]
That's fairly common.  If that quarter of an inch bothers you enough, you can remove the spot welds that secure the gas tube's collar in place, then reweld it in a more aesthetically pleasing location.
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 3:31:03 PM EDT
[#2]
It honestly doesn't bother me as far as looks are concerned, its that the quad rail I bought does not fit
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 12:33:24 AM EDT
[#3]
What kind of "quad rail" did you get?  It would need to be a Yugo specific model.

You could also try your luck with another M70 gas tube.  35$ at Apex
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 1:47:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Midwest industries and yeah its yugo specific. The top collar is not the problem, its the lower one beings it's too far back, preventing the rail from lining up right with screw holes.
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 3:44:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Something doesn't add up here.  If you're using Yugo handguards and they fit, the MI rail should fit.  Just to confirm, you are using the MI-AK-Y rail, correct?  They do make a few different Yugo models, the MI-AK-Y is what fits the M70.

Next thing would be to check the measurements of your barrel.

Here are the Yugo M70 barrel dimensions from Green Mountain.  It shows 8.464" from breech to HGR slot.
I measure 7 1/8" from the front of the receiver to the HGR slot.

Link Posted: 2/17/2014 9:09:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine measures the same, strange. Must be the rail then, which is good news. Appreciate it, you've been very helpful. Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 11:58:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the exact problem with my brand new M+M i just bought. It cam with the rails on it already. I took it apart to clean it then when putting it back together they wouldn't line up. Now they will if I release that tiny lever and move the plate forward, but now I can't lock the lever. Going to take it back and see what they can do.
Other than that any suggestions for me?
thanks.
Ken
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top