Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/26/2014 7:30:18 PM EDT
Never have I had a firearm other than a GI 1911 hurt me so badly.  Bought a N-PAP and after one magazine I decided the wood stock must go.  Too long and the cheek slap thing.  I replaced it with an ACE receiver block and a folding skeleton stock.  I think the ACE stock hurts worse than the wooden factory one. My cheek feels every round that I fire.  I do not ever remember the cheek slap with any of the wire stocked Romey's I have owned or even underfolders.  What am I missing?  Is there a remedy?  Wrapping the stock?  One other thing I noticed about my N-PAP is that in shooting when my hand is in contact with the handguard, it takes a thumping from that piston moving back and forth.  I do not ever remember these issues with any other AK.  Again am I missing something?  Would a buffer help?  Thanks in advance, Moose.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:42:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Raise the elbow of the arm that the butt stock is on.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 12:00:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Take the factory wood stock and saw one inch off it and then remove some of the hump on the top by sanding until it fits you better. These stocks are 1" longer than normal ak stocks and the comb hump starts closer to the receiver and is higher which causes the cheek slap.

I did this to mine and it fits perfect and really doesn't look much different.

The but pad that comes on the stock can be sanded to fit the new size of the stock with sand paper easily.
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 4:54:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Never have I had a firearm other than a GI 1911 hurt me so badly.  Bought a N-PAP and after one magazine I decided the wood stock must go.  Too long and the cheek slap thing.  I replaced it with an ACE receiver block and a folding skeleton stock.  I think the ACE stock hurts worse than the wooden factory one. My cheek feels every round that I fire.  I do not ever remember the cheek slap with any of the wire stocked Romey's I have owned or even underfolders.  What am I missing?  Is there a remedy?  Wrapping the stock?  One other thing I noticed about my N-PAP is that in shooting when my hand is in contact with the handguard, it takes a thumping from that piston moving back and forth.  I do not ever remember these issues with any other AK.  Again am I missing something?  Would a buffer help?  Thanks in advance, Moose.
View Quote

You know ace sells foam tubes on their website to cover the tube right? You also know they sell recoil pads also right? It sounds like you need one of each.
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 7:11:54 AM EDT
[#4]
My Ace stock doesn't hurt like the plastic did, but I also have an AK74 style muzzle break.  Maybe that will help you.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 8:52:56 PM EDT
[#5]
IMO it's the combination of high comb and slant brake that gives n/o-pap ride their famous cheek slap. I took the slant brake off and noticed the difference right away.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 9:08:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Update.  All seems well now.  I have started getting my face forward on the stock.  AND I removed the slant brake.  Thanks for all the good ideas. Moose.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 12:07:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Replace the recoil spring
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 9:01:28 PM EDT
[#8]
OK, whats a slant brake? You took it off, you mean sanded it off or is it something you can actually remove?
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 9:07:04 PM EDT
[#9]
OK, I assume now it is what I consider the muzzle break. I am also getting a slapped cheek bone and am going to sand down the stock. I have shot thousands of rounds through an AK in Iraq but obviously my N-pap is designed slightly different as I don't remember having to get my head down on the Russian AK's.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 9:26:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I had a N-PAP, just sold that cheek slapper before it loosened my teeth! A standard comblock stock never did that to me.
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top