Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2014 2:47:20 PM EDT
Hey all how is everyone!

So I recentely removed rear factory for my Maadi to try a scope and realized that I will keep my AKM without mods so I put the factory rear sights it came with and now they wiggle and seem more loose, obviously since I've tampered with the lever. Huge wiggle when I raise them all the way up and put them the other way and when I turn the rifle upside down they kind of hang. Haven't tried how they will act at the range when fired. I hope the sights wont jump up and then back down to default position from reciever getting jerking you know.

Any suggestions, thoughts?

Have a nice holiday weekend!
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 7:19:06 PM EDT
[#1]
By chance did the flat leaf spring come out or did you break it?

Under the sight is a STRONG flat spring that prevents looseness or movement.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 10:31:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Negative. The flat, slightly raised upward spring is intact holding the rear sights in place. I did use a screw driver to try to pop the rear sights off so by hitting it may have loosened the overall assembly. When it gets warmer I'll take to the range and see if the rear sight jumps up when shooting. Thats my only next test.

Live and learn and never mod a AK product, least for me.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:03:46 PM EDT
[#3]
The spring should put so much upward pressure on the sight, there's no possible way it can jump up under recoil.
That's what it's intended to prevent.

You may have a weak or bent spring.  Don't try to bend it, it'll just snap it's so hard.
Just buy a new spring.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 5:59:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is the smoothest way to remove the rear sight, this guy makes it look easy.
He does it with a wooden dowel.
http://youtu.be/Qpb26QjM4u4
I have seen a lot of AK owners bend or break the leaf spring by using other ways of removing.
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top