Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/25/2012 2:21:17 PM EDT
I have a WASR and the pin that indents that locks the muzzle brake / flash hider in place.
It looks like someone cut it flush or either pushed it all the way in.

Question is, how do I replace this pin & where could I find one?

It has a threaded barrel but that pin is messed up.

Thank you
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 7:39:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Post a pic but as far as parts get a hold of Desert Fox Gun Parts in Az they have. What you need.
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 7:58:36 PM EDT
[#2]
There should be a pin in the top of the FSB that holds it in. There should be a spring behind the pin that's supposed to stick out as well. Basically this is what's supposed to be inside of it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 5:55:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks 4 that link.

How would i get the old muzzle pin out & the new one in?

Link Posted: 8/26/2012 6:40:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Use a punch and knock the front FSB pin out.  This pin is what retains the detent pin and spring in the FSB.

The detent may be corroded/stuck.  Let it soak in some good rust penetrating oil a while, and then try getting the pin to move.
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 7:13:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Use a punch and knock the front FSB pin out.  This pin is what retains the detent pin and spring in the FSB.

The detent may be corroded/stuck.  Let it soak in some good rust penetrating oil a while, and then try getting the pin to move.

Yup. More than likely your pins will have to come out from left to right, so tap them out from the left side of the rifle.
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 6:40:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep,
 I got that pin out from the left.
That dang pin would not come out, I cant see inside that hole or figure how to get that spring and pin out, it looks like someone cut the muzzle pin flush...

Should I punch out both FSB pins? I just cant see inside that front pi hole to figure how it wold keep that muzzle pin I there?

I will post a pic soon...
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 5:43:41 PM EDT
[#7]
If you tip the muzzle down, will the pin try to come out? It should be pretty easy to move in and out since it's just a detent pin for muzzle devices.
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 8:44:14 PM EDT
[#8]
They can seize.  Best way I've found is an air hammer with a plastic/nylon tip and brrrrrrrp! on the FSB immediately above the pin.  They usually come flying out.
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 4:40:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Well,
  No luck...here are pic's of what I am dealing with.

I removed the front FSB pin  and nothing...the indent pin will not budge

AM I better off to get a new FSB and have the gun smith put it on & stop messing with this FSB?

I don't have  any air tools and wonder what I can do on my own with limited tools?

Link Posted: 8/29/2012 6:04:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Someone beat on the pin and pissed more often than not.  The end of the hole is now swaged.  You may be able to kiss it with a .158" drill bit to chamfer the edge of the hole.

Link Posted: 8/31/2012 1:33:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I think I a m outta luck on this....maybe the gun smith could fix this FSB?

It is for a WASR Draco pistol and now that I look, the FSB is different than the standard AK/WASR FSB...darn
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top