Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2017 3:48:07 PM EDT
https://www.facebook.com/militaryarms/videos/1638685129476613/?hc_location=ufi

If this comes to be this will be one of the best ground breaking accessories for those of us that want to use suppressors in our AKs.

This and the adjustable gas piston from KNS precision are game changers.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:09:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Dead Goose Society has one coming out that looks to be based on the Polish GL type gas block with the DA block acting more like a Zastava/FAL. Definitely interesting times for the AK ahead it would seem:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/08/15/dead-goose-society/amp/
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:28:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes indeed, really glad to see some advancements for AK parts.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 8:26:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Great news!
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 10:31:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah .... but I want it now (in super annoying spoiled little girl voice)

Here's to hoping we see them before the end of the year!
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:00:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I hope so as well, really hope their FSB/GB combo is also streamlined and more close to the originals.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:30:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes indeed, really glad to see some advancements for AK parts.
View Quote
Much needed... glad to see some people stepping up.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 3:40:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Much needed... glad to see some people stepping up.
View Quote
I am missing something here? "much needed?" really?

i like the FAL crowd always flaunting the fact that their rifle has an "adjustable" gas system. Alright. great. so you switch ammo your POA has changed. nice. You also have to adjust to make sure it cycles correctly and spend casings are ejected to a proper distance to run.

my AKs eat any and all ammo, are built correctly and are not over gassed. Why do i want this product?
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 5:32:03 PM EDT
[#8]
In my limited experience I am not sure what this is really doing either.

Offhandedly I don't believe my ejection pattern is noticeably different in my 5.45 rifles with or without my mini 4 suppressor. What are the observable effects of running overgassed with a suppressor?
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 8:02:16 PM EDT
[#9]
same here. i cant tell the difference between  suppressed and unsurpassed  ejection pattern. especially with AKSU.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 8:43:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
same here. i cant tell the difference between  suppressed and unsurpassed  ejection pattern. especially with AKSU.
View Quote
My Krink launches brass into low earth orbit unsuppressed. With the can the brass velocity may be approaching muzzle velocity.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 8:50:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

My Krink launches brass into low earth orbit unsuppressed. With the can the brass velocity may be approaching muzzle velocity.
View Quote
Lol
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:31:52 PM EDT
[#12]
This may, or may not be relevant, but my 11.5" AR throws casings hard at 5:00 when unsuppressed, when suppressed it drops them at my feet about 3:00.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 9:11:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
In my limited experience I am not sure what this is really doing either.

Offhandedly I don't believe my ejection pattern is noticeably different in my 5.45 rifles with or without my mini 4 suppressor. What are the observable effects of running overgassed with a suppressor?
View Quote
A bent up receiver on the rear trunnion, egged rivet holes, and rivets bent and crooked and a wasted $200 and 1 month wait (Eforms).

I bought my first rifle suppressor (Sandman S) just so I could use it on 2 of my AKs. Didn't think it would be that bad. But live and learn, luckly my other AK project isn't finished yet so I only ruined one.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 9:15:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I am missing something here? "much needed?" really?

i like the FAL crowd always flaunting the fact that their rifle has an "adjustable" gas system. Alright. great. so you switch ammo your POA has changed. nice. You also have to adjust to make sure it cycles correctly and spend casings are ejected to a proper distance to run.

my AKs eat any and all ammo, are built correctly and are not over gassed. Why do i want this product?
View Quote
May not be for you, but some of us want to use cans with our AKs. And using a can on an AK that is severely over gassed could be catastrophic. An adjustable gas block gives you settings to block alot of those gasses and be on the safe side.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 9:22:22 AM EDT
[#15]
ok. sounds good. I run 2 diff cans on 3 diff aks with no issues. Never had any "catastrophic" issues. Both factory guns and kits i built at the shop.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 9:24:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
thats pretty cool. you should chrono it. That way if you ever had to fight multiple opponents you can use your dual wielding shorty to your advantage.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:58:48 AM EDT
[#17]
This looks fantastic. DA gas block seems to have more graceful and nicer streamlined cut than the Dead Goose Society blocky one. Someone wrote that the DA also has removable cup that can be cleaned and adjusted further with 3 holes, 5 holes, etc.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top