Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2017 2:56:54 AM EDT
A while back I made a thread about how loose my muzzle device was on my WASR 10.
Yesterday I got around to doing something about it. I removed enough material to get it to tighten down another full rotation it was tight but didn't think it would hurt anything. 

When it got around to the notch the little dingus never popped back up. so now it's stuck in the front sight. I tried some penetrating oil, a little heat, and whacking it with a rubber mallet. 

What else can I do to get it to pop back out? 
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 7:39:08 AM EDT
[#1]
remove the pin in the FSB closest to the muzzle. remove the detent and spring, clean it all out with brake cleaner and compressed air.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 8:21:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
remove the pin in the FSB closest to the muzzle. remove the detent and spring, clean it all out with brake cleaner and compressed air.
View Quote
Is it a taper pin?
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 8:32:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it a taper pin?
View Quote

nope.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 9:13:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Cool. 

Yesterday I also replaced the magazine release with one for a Galil. It's a huge improvement over the stock one. 

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 5:02:20 PM EDT
[#5]
That worked out fine. 

I was able to get the pin out then use a pick to push the detent back out. 
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 11:19:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool. It was fun wasn't it. FYI in a whatever situation a ink pen spring should work for a detent spring.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top