Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/2/2017 4:38:12 PM EDT
I am coming up on a year and a half waiting for mine. Dave asked me to call him every three months to check up on my order. Its been nine months since he last answered the phone and today when I called the number was disconnected. Does anyone know whats going on?
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 4:59:44 PM EDT
[#1]
No idea. Same thing happened to me probably two years ago now. I gave up ordering from him again. He makes the best receivers, but they're not worth the wait for me personally.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 5:25:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I am not a fan of him cashing my check for 250 and then vanishing. I went through this a while back with a builder and it was a very frustrating experience.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 9:25:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am not a fan of him cashing my check for 250 and then vanishing. I went through this a while back with a builder and it was a very frustrating experience.
View Quote
Does he have a chicken coop and nicknamed the Gooch?

I would never wait that long for a receiver.  Does he make each one by hand?
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 10:29:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep. They are hand made and made to order. In the past I've heard of him telling people he will be caught up on some day, but it never pans out. He's had a two year wait since the sandy hook panic days.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 11:39:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Back when he made mine, the wait was 3-4 months I think. The good thing was that he'd confirm the SN so if some folks wanted to get a F1 started...

ETA: he was still very hard to get a hold of, I remember that. Also he pissed off a bunch of guys on theakforums by promising a black oxide finish or something, then backing out and saying they would be delivered in the white.

Time for some Krink pron.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 12:08:41 AM EDT
[#6]
my nodak receivers are top notch...
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 8:03:07 AM EDT
[#7]
I had my 88 Izzy built back when it was about a 3 or 4 month wait also. I don't think I ever spoke to anyone or received many updates, it was just send the money, confirm the SN and pretend it was like the NFA dance.

Sorry to hear he is that far behind, his receivers were considered to be about the best you can get. Not sure if that is still true today though and in any case waiting for a year or two years is a loooooooooong time indeed
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 3:54:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm fine with the wait and he was pretty upfront about the backlog but his number being disconnected bugs me. I've been burned before so I'm paranoid. Has anyone had a recent experience with his business?
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 11:15:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm fine with the wait and he was pretty upfront about the backlog but his number being disconnected bugs me. I've been burned before so I'm paranoid. Has anyone had a recent experience with his business?
View Quote
Dingus PM me and Ill do some digging for you.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 11:49:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Messages full Saiga!
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 8:55:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Messages full Saiga!
View Quote
Cleared out.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 8:43:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Back when he made mine, the wait was 3-4 months I think. The good thing was that he'd confirm the SN so if some folks wanted to get a F1 started...

ETA: he was still very hard to get a hold of, I remember that. Also he pissed off a bunch of guys on theakforums by promising a black oxide finish or something, then backing out and saying they would be delivered in the white.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/236406/IMG-0277-271039.JPG
View Quote
Oddly enough, mine came in a black oxide finish.  I also had no wait to get it.  Right after Sandy Hook, he played with the idea of having some common receivers in stock and ready to go for people who didn't care about custom serial numbers.  I jumped on one.  Soon after his business blew up and turn around time quickly became a year.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 12:58:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Oddly enough, mine came in a black oxide finish.  I also had no wait to get it.  Right after Sandy Hook, he played with the idea of having some common receivers in stock and ready to go for people who didn't care about custom serial numbers.  I jumped on one.  Soon after his business blew up and turn around time quickly became a year.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/236406/IMG-0277-271039.JPG
Yeah that sounds right. He was advertising them with black oxide, then send us all PM/emails saying that they wouldn't be coming with that and offered refunds.

The black oxide would have been nice, but I mostly wanted it for the counterfeit markings down to the X and Y stamps, and the force matched serial number.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 9:15:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Expect a call soon.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 10:12:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I am coming up on a year and a half waiting for mine. Dave asked me to call him every three months to check up on my order. Its been nine months since he last answered the phone and today when I called the number was disconnected. Does anyone know whats going on?
View Quote

I'm in the same boat for 2 receivers.  My check payment cleared in February 2016.  Please update when you hear anything or get receivers in hand.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 3:01:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Saiga is a great guy! People like you make this community great.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 12:36:26 PM EDT
[#17]
I received my Tula AKSU receiver in September of last year. I think that was pretty much exactly a 2 year wait. Hell I had forgotten about the damn thing for a while then one day a missed call and a voicemail.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:40:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn that mess still pisses me off,2 years of my life dealing with that SOB.
I've wanted to get a couple of 74ullc receivers but the wait has always been ridiculous to me plus I'm not very trusting these days.
He does make a great receiver.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top