Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/19/2017 2:11:34 PM EDT
I have the tube and the stock, just need an adapter that will work. Gun is an Arsenal SLR101S. I'm looking for something as inexpensive as possible since this will be a very temporary setup. Any help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 2:34:29 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.primaryarms.com/strike-industries-ak-to-ar-stock-adapter-si-ak-sa

quality piece. Might be a bit tight.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 3:54:44 PM EDT
[#2]
That says for stamped receiver. You're saying it will work, but be tight?
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 8:50:16 PM EDT
[#3]
That wont work at all without some SERIOUS re shaping for it to fit the receiver.

For milled receivers, there is no such thing as "cheap" AR stock adapter.

You can get the CAA AKTM for around $70 - I previously had this setup, stock angles down just a little but not bad

You can get the ACE external receiver block and pignose adapter for around $70 - requires removal of lower tang

You can get the ACE internal revceiver adapter and pignose adapter (my current setup on my SLR-95) for around $70 - Install requires removal of BOTH tangs so if this is a temp setup you wont want it.

You can get the new adapter from desert fox that is around $90 that allows the upper tang to go right through it (it goes inside buffer tube when tube is screwed in)
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 2:24:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That wont work at all without some SERIOUS re shaping for it to fit the receiver.

For milled receivers, there is no such thing as "cheap" AR stock adapter.

You can get the CAA AKTM for around $70 - I previously had this setup, stock angles down just a little but not bad

You can get the ACE external receiver block and pignose adapter for around $70 - requires removal of lower tang

You can get the ACE internal revceiver adapter and pignose adapter (my current setup on my SLR-95) for around $70 - Install requires removal of BOTH tangs so if this is a temp setup you wont want it.

You can get the new adapter from desert fox that is around $90 that allows the upper tang to go right through it (it goes inside buffer tube when tube is screwed in)
View Quote
I bought the one mentioned above, and as you stated, doesn't come close to fitting and isnt worth modifying. For the price it was worth a shot. I'll check out the other options you provided. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 8:58:52 PM EDT
[#5]
this is my SA93 with the DoubleStar ACE AK-RBB Milled Receiver Block A543 and the DoubleStar AR-15 Stock Adapter Without Boss A510 it is solid as a rock and works great and I paid $103.98 with free shipping from CTD. I had a TAPCO stock on it for a while and I liked it but the only thing that held it in place was the upper tang. this set up has a bolt that goes through it and uses washers on the inside to help hold it in place with a nylock nut to hold the bolt in place. this set up has a straighter angle for the stock so it's more in line with the bore of the rifle. the TAPCO angles downward and I just did not care for that. now I just have to get the Texas weapons system dog leg rail so I can mount my Aimpoint 9000sc where it should be mounted.

this is the TAPCO set up.

Link Posted: 8/12/2017 5:32:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Cut the tang ...

I had a bulgy milled post-ban SLR 96 that had that funky ace extended block on the back.. I put up with that odd setup for about a year an then got the dremel out to cut that useless top tang off...

When you honestly look at the situation, you are dealing with a pretty common milled receiver still imported.. Nothing really special .. not like a milled chicom gun or something that isn't to be seen again..

You are adding all of that extra weight to an already heavier receiver .. All of that extra funkiness and LOP issues.. Neutered usage of an collapsible stock which actually has limited use in this configuration.

When you add all of this extra weight/LOP/funky-weird-looks up, it is silly to put up with that because of a little strip of steel hanging off the back.. Unless you plan on restoring the lower tang and the whole neutered front end back to its natural glory .

Once I cut the tang, added the Ace internal rec. block, pignose adapter w/boss, milspec buffer tube and Griffin Armament M4 collapsible stock, the rifle FINALLY looked/handled/operated like a serious go-to rifle.  

Glad I did it... never looked back and was a whole lot happier ...
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 10:19:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
this is my SA93 with the DoubleStar ACE AK-RBB Milled Receiver Block A543 and the DoubleStar AR-15 Stock Adapter Without Boss A510 it is solid as a rock and works great and I paid $103.98 with free shipping from CTD. I had a TAPCO stock on it for a while and I liked it but the only thing that held it in place was the upper tang. this set up has a bolt that goes through it and uses washers on the inside to help hold it in place with a nylock nut to hold the bolt in place. this set up has a straighter angle for the stock so it's more in line with the bore of the rifle. the TAPCO angles downward and I just did not care for that. now I just have to get the Texas weapons system dog leg rail so I can mount my Aimpoint 9000sc where it should be mounted.

http://i.imgur.com/lXh1WdR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wgFncBW.jpg

this is the TAPCO set up.

http://i.imgur.com/MZTCcrf.jpg
View Quote
I appreciate the detailed info. I just ordered the DoubleStar parts you mentioned above from CTD for under $100 because of their Labor Day sale. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 10:52:42 PM EDT
[#8]
your welcome!

I hope you like it as much as I do.

I got my Texas weapon systems gen3 dogleg rail and guide wire and spring on the way with the labor day sales too.

can't wait to get them!

I will add one more thing, I did grind the threaded end of my buffer tube flat so I could get a couple extra threads to screw in for a little more support. and I touched up the end with a little aluminum black even though it doesn't show. it does not have to be done but I wanted all the thread contact I could get.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 2:38:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Hot dam! That Desert Fox one is what my Bulgarian SLR 95 has been waiting almost 20 years for. I have the CAA one and its good, but it angles down a bit. I use a MagPul CTR with the smallest cheek risers and its great, but this thing is more well thought out.

Looks like the creator mated a Rifle Dynamics one with the ACE internal adapted. Love the way it attachest to the receiver. I will be ordering one.

* Just ordered the Desert Fox adapter my Bulgarian SLR 95 last night *
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top