Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/27/2017 4:27:24 PM EDT
Or what parts would be necessary to make said rifle.
Attachment Attached File

I'm thinking the above would be a great candidate for that SharpsBro's reciever which I could make a pistol of it until that stamp came back or hell, I might just leave it a pistol.

Also, what barrel length is that?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 4:57:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a '74 build with the FSB pressed up against the gas block, ala Krebs AK-103k style. That might even be the Krebs logo on the side, but I can't tell for sure.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 5:59:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, looks like a Krebs.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 6:23:28 PM EDT
[#3]
The 103K is going to have a 16" barrel but it does that by having a pinned brake to account for the shortened barrel.

I guess it fills a niche in between the AK105 and the fullsize 74 where you get some of the better handling of the 105 but without the SBR hassle

Z
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:43:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info guys, it is indeed a Krebs!

On that note, I'm an AR guy who doesn't know much of anything about AKs but recently I've had an itch for one so please bare with me through what may very well seem like silly questions.

Would it be possible to have that rifle built with one of those new SharpsBros MB47 Receivers, or is that akin to attempting to put an AR15 upper on an AR10 lower?

If the answer is no, could you recommend a quality milled receiver that could be used for a 74 type build?

If the answer is no to that, then what are the chances of having a 7.62 version of the above rifle built to aesthetically the same?

Regards
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:55:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Would it be possible to have that rifle built with one of those new SharpsBros MB47 Receivers
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Would it be possible to have that rifle built with one of those new SharpsBros MB47 Receivers
Yes, but it'll need to be in 7.62x39.

Quoted:
If the answer is no, could you recommend a quality milled receiver that could be used for a 74 type build?
There are practically no readily available 5.45 milled receivers.

Quoted:
If the answer is no to that, then what are the chances of having a 7.62 version of the above rifle built to aesthetically the same?
That rifle could easily be built on the Sharps Bro receiver if you stick to 7.62.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:59:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yes, but it'll need to be in 7.62x39.

There are practically no readily available 5.45 milled receivers.

That rifle could easily be built on the Sharps Bro receiver if you stick to 7.62.
View Quote
Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions, I really do appreciate it!

A couple more questions, regarding magazines and triggers.

Are Magpuls AK47 magazines as reliable as the plethora of steel 47 mags, or should I just stick to a particular mag manufacturer?  Also, of the drums available, which one has the highest reliability?

Is the AGL AK trigger the best on the market right now, if not which is?

Regards.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 7:39:37 AM EDT
[#7]
ALG is nice, but I have only shot them in my buddy's rifle, not bought one

Combloc mags are best mags, period. There are a lot of fans of the new US made stuff, but in the end they do not stack up to combloc steel mags. That doesn't mean they don't work.

I'm just saying a combloc steel mags is:

1-a mag
2-a hammer
3-a blunt trauma device
4-whatever else you decide to use it for.

They're not unbreakable either, so I somewhat joke above, but they are stout and will last a long time and take a lot of abuse.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 9:15:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions, I really do appreciate it!

A couple more questions, regarding magazines and triggers.

Are Magpuls AK47 magazines as reliable as the plethora of steel 47 mags, or should I just stick to a particular mag manufacturer?  Also, of the drums available, which one has the highest reliability?

Is the AGL AK trigger the best on the market right now, if not which is?

Regards.
View Quote
As Nictra stated combloc all the way. Bakes, and bulgy circle tens take care of the polymer itch. Romy or Russian Top loading drums are my favorite and run and look great. That said, nothing wrong with the Romy backside loading drums. Just make sure you stick to Romanian or Russian for the drums, and avoid the Korean (KCI) stuff peddled by century arms.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:42:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Excellent info here guys, thanks much.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 6:23:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I run the shit outta magpul ak mags.  I've taken the all poly 30's to 2 classes and the steel reinforced 30's and poly 20's to one class. All have seen a bunch of range days and mag dumps. I've had zero malfunctions or fitment issues across a pretty good cross section of stamped and milled guns.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 12:36:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Are Magpuls AK47 magazines as reliable as the plethora of steel 47 mags, or should I just stick to a particular mag manufacturer?
View Quote
If the Magpul mags fit and work in your rifle, and if you get the Magpul mags with the metal bits where they lock into the rifle, then yes, they will be as reliable as original magazines.  Where the Magpul magazines shine is weight... There are a lot of reliable commie magazines for the AK.  There are not a lot of light reliable commie magazines for the AK.

The Magpul M3 weights about 200 grams.  A stamped steel commie mag weights about 300 grams.  If you carried six magazines of ammo, the difference between the Magpul and the commie magazines is equivalent to about 50 rounds... or basically, seven full Magpul mags for the weight of six commie steel mags.

If you need a hammer, buy a hammer.  If you don't care about 'correctness', the deluxe Magpuls are hard to beat.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 12:57:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Looks like 5.56 brass.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 9:26:38 PM EDT
[#13]
CNC Warrior does occasional runs of their milled 74 receivers but at 600 bucks I don't really see the point. I think they're the only ones that make one in fact.

https://www.cncwarrior.com/Milled-AK74-Receiver-p/23549.htm
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top