Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2017 4:37:57 AM EDT
1st AK. Seems nowhere to be found.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 5:04:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
1st AK. Seems nowhere to be found.
View Quote

Kinda.. Arsenal discontinued them this year I believe. The only place you'll find them is on the second market. Kvar said they will be back but don't know when tho. Arsenal 107 series of rifles haven't for sale for almost 2 years now. So who know when the 104's are coming back.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 6:03:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Anything else worth looking at in 5.45?
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:25:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Lee Armory has an AK74 that did well in the AK Operators Union 5000 round challenge.

http://www.leearmory.com/product/bulgarian-ak74/
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 4:15:35 PM EDT
[#4]
If you really want one just go to gunbroker.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 8:09:15 PM EDT
[#5]
They pop up for sale all the time on the EE, just be patient.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 12:48:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They pop up for sale all the time on the EE, just be patient.
View Quote
+1 
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 8:26:22 AM EDT
[#7]
yes with all the scared talk going on, I'm sure you'll find one sooner rather than later.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:51:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Posts like this make me happy that I snagged one before deploying back in '15.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 11:57:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Id really love to see a SLR104R get released soon.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 6:06:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Would make my day.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 9:12:04 PM EDT
[#11]
With VEPR's being banned, I have a feeling KVAR will bring back the SLR 104 sooner than expected.  There's too much money to be made not to.  They're all owned by FIME group, so when they discontinued the SLR 104 they were probably expecting to sell a crapload of VEPR's in 5.45.  Now that option is out the window the market is starving for 5.45 rifles.  They'd be crazy not to do whatever they can to take advantage of the situation.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 10:10:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Sold my first after the 7n6 ban. Just recently got back into them. Bought one off gunbroker just a few weeks before they announced they had stopped production. Nornally I do not have this kind of luck.....love the thing.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 10:40:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
With VEPR's being banned, I have a feeling KVAR will bring back the SLR 104 sooner than expected.  There's too much money to be made not to.  They're all owned by FIME group, so when they discontinued the SLR 104 they were probably expecting to sell a crapload of VEPR's in 5.45.  Now that option is out the window the market is starving for 5.45 rifles.  They'd be crazy not to do whatever they can to take advantage of the situation.
View Quote
I agree but keep in mind the main issue is the production scheduling with military contracts.  Not because they do not think it's profitable.  It's entirely possible governments pay more than  american consumers when they have free tax dollars at their disposal 
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 6:37:57 AM EDT
[#14]
^^^ That is extrimely optimistic view on K-var/Fime. Company with horrible customer support, promisees and never been released firearms, most firearms and parts are out of stock, etc. Anyway, with Verp is under ban I see no future of 5.45x39 rifles in US.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 6:04:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
^^^ That is extrimely optimistic view on K-var/Fime. Company with horrible customer support, promisees and never been released firearms, most firearms and parts are out of stock, etc. Anyway, with Verp is under ban I see no future of 5.45x39 rifles in US.
View Quote
what about all the ones that are already here ? Have any idea how many have been imported ? 
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 6:18:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'd buy the first one I saw.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 1:46:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I agree but keep in mind the main issue is the production scheduling with military contracts.  Not because they do not think it's profitable.  It's entirely possible governments pay more than  american consumers when they have free tax dollars at their disposal 
View Quote
That's what they say the main issue is...

KVAR/FIME is always crowing about discontinuing guns or parts and then "finding" the "discontinued" guns or parts in it's warehouse.  Much if not most of this is marketing hysteria/hype.  

Arsenal Bulgaria provides mostly milled AK's for it's military contracts.  If you look at their website the don't even list stamped or 5.45 guns http://www.arsenal-bg.com/c/assault-rifles-24

Military production is a part of the scarcity but not all of it.  KVAR/Arsenal USA like to do the guns in cycles to keep demand high.  While I am fine paying $1100 for an SLR-104 it is an artificially high price.  

And don't kid yourself. Governments pay WAY WAY WAY WAY less than American consumers.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 5:25:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
what about all the ones that are already here ? Have any idea how many have been imported ? 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not sure, I own 2 slr104 and I am glad I got it
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 8:28:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
And don't kid yourself. Governments pay WAY WAY WAY WAY less than American consumers.
View Quote
True, but governments buy way, way, way more of them.

I'm not sure if I buy the Kvar "finding" the "discontinued" guns or parts in it's warehouse story that keeps going around.  Pretending to be out of rifle, then finding 10 of them a year later and selling them for $100 more than the previous price is a lot of effort for an additional $2000 in profit.  It's possible but not a good marketing practice.

They come in cycles most likely because the factory builds them in cycles.  It's a lot of effort to change tooling/presses from one item to another that most large batch manufacturing facilities make items in large batches.  It's unlikely they are tooled up to manufacture all calibers/types of rifles all at once.

The last time the SLR104FR was in stock, it sold for the same price that it sold for 4 years ago when they first came out.  No price increase in 4 years.  And the SLR107FR cost about $700 when they first came out 10 or so years ago.  The last time they were in stock, Kvar sold them for $999.  That's really not much of an increase over 10 years.  Compare that price increase to cars, food or houses.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 1:32:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Found a new one, got one off EE (like new!).

One to show and one to fo!

On to ammo and optics I have no idea what I'm doing except I'm doing it right so far, I hope....
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 9:36:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

On to ammo and optics
View Quote
Did you say optics?

http://russianoptics.net
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 11:56:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
On to ammo and optics I have no idea what I'm doing except I'm doing it right so far, I hope....
View Quote
Not every rifle needs an optic. Does nobody use irons anymore?
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 3:37:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm sure the young guys that can see do....
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 8:04:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Every range session yep
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 7:21:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Good choice, I think you will be happy tracking one down. I put a trijicon "low mount" ta50 acog on a rs mount on mine. Low recoiling, awesome rifle. The only thing I dislike about it is the fact that the stock folds over the optic mount...
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 10:27:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Does it still fold???

Looking for one that does without removing the mount/scope.

Thinking to use a Vortex pst.

Suggestions welcome

ETA: Vortex Sparc AR on unimax gas rail not so nice - sits too high, no co-witness of any type.

Old eyes need help, this gun can do better than the shooter. Want to even the playing field as much as I can while still keeping it compact (folded in small case and not cheek (sp?) welding)
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top