Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/13/2017 8:33:08 AM EDT
Does anyone know what is going on with Definitive Arms?  All the places that i look at for inventory are out and have been out for months if not longer.  I know a year or more ago they were promising a new updated website but now their website is almost non existent (has "index" on it).  Their last post on facebook was Sept 24th of 2016.  

The reason i ask is that i really want to send in my 308 vepr for their ar10 mag conversion but i don't want to get burnt by sending them my hard earned money if their company is on life support.  The owner seems like a nice guy on the videos with MAC but my spidey senses tell me something is amiss.  

I am going to try to give them a call today but was just wondering if anyone dealt with them recently?
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 11:14:09 AM EDT
[#1]
They are still alive and kicking. They are just in the middle of a revamp of their shop. So, hopefully you can get ahold of them. Their work is well worth it. My DAKM 4150 achieved .97 MOA at 100 yards using match ammo and a scope. I don't normally use an actual scope, but I wanted to see what kind of accuracy I could wring out of it.  

I've been very curious about that 308 VEPR conversion as well. I've got a Saiga in 5.56 that I want to send in for that same type of mag well conversion.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 11:13:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Their conversions are AK reliable and built to last?
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 12:23:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Their conversions are AK reliable and built to last?
View Quote
I wouldn't hesitate to say "Yes." I have their DAKM 4150 that was made to Atlantic Firearms specs. It's a Polish kit gun and my favorite rifle that I own. They have a Saiga of mine currently in for a full conversion. I'm anxiously awaiting that getting done. I'll most likely be sending them my 107-11 to convert to a Krink now that I got my stamp. I've fired many different AK's and favor my DAKM 4150 by Definitive Arms. I know that Copper Custom Armament was selling some sweet Definitive Arms Polish Radom kits with Radom hammer forged barrels, but they went quick. I'm sure they will get another batch. I'm sure some will chastise me over the following, but I'd trust a DA over a factory built comblock AK. Reasoning is quite simple, even former comblock countries have their bad days. There are plenty of examples out there of those rifles having a few issues, from canted FSB, bad paint, cast trunion issues, etc...

I had asked before and was told that Definitive Arms has only had a small handful of rifles come back in the entire time that they have been in business. Chase Sisgold is legendary in the AK community, so I don't have a hard time believing that at all. He personally told me that no rifle leaves his shop until he has gone over it, at least briefly. You can spend North of $2k on a proven Krebs. You can spend way north of $2k on a Rifle Dynamics with the "cool factor" gas block/front sight combo that has to be filed in order to be zeroed. Or, you can buy a Definitive Arms AK that is just over a grand, depending upon the model.

I fired a friends Rifle Dynamics AK. It was very nice, no lie there. I detest the fs/GB combo that isn't very functional, but it was very accurate and well shooting. I fired a few different Krebs AK's as well as a slew of other manufacturers AK's at a media event last year. Some were better than others. But I digress, none were as nice as my DA DAKM 4150 that cost me $1089.99 + S&H and FFL fees. I know it sounds like I work there or something like that, but I'm telling ya, I'm just a VERY satisfied customer. My AK is very accurate, feels great, and in my total of somewhere between 3.5 - 4 full cases of ammo, I've yet to have a weapon related jams or malfunction of any kind. I've had a few mags issues, but none derived from the rifle itself. I'd have to check my log to get the exact round count, but it's somewhere in that ballpark
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 1:02:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks. I'm interested in their .308 and 5.56 conversions with lrbho/AR mags.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:24:11 PM EDT
[#5]
This should answer at least some of your questions:  Definitive Arms relocation annoucement
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 7:14:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This should answer at least some of your questions:  Definitive Arms relocation annoucement
View Quote
Outstanding!!!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top