Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/26/2017 7:24:15 PM EDT
I couldn't wait for mounting the bipod and refinish to take pics. PSL-M76-SVD hybrid (maybe call it the PSL-76?). Waiting on my ALG AKT-UL, so no trigger is installed. Hand cycles perfectly, and everything is nice and tight. Going to shot it on Monday.

1st range trip update:
Well, it doesn't cycle, but I can see why. In my haste to get this puppy to the range I installed the ALG trigger and noticed that the geometry of the hammer put significant drag on the carrier when hand cycling. So I told myself to bring a spare surplus FCG just in case. But, I forgot it on the workbench. The good news is that it does want to cycle, but there's too much force stopping it. So I'm going to reshape the ALG hammer face and polish, trim the rails a little more, and then take it out again. More good news is that the brass (or steel in this case) looks perfect after being fed and fired. No gouges or deep scratches like my factory PSL does. It feeds nice and smoothly. Also, the rifle has very pleasant recoil, but that's probably more to do with the fact that the carrier isn't cycling coupled with the muzzle brake and heavy barrel. I'll be out of the country for a little while so I'll try again when I get back.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:52:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweet...I want one.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:12:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Good lord that is nice work! Very clean and looks factory natural.

What parts are M76? Gas block?

Also more pics of the muzzle. Interesting stuff going on there if it's threaded
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:56:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:41:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:09:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very clean and looks factory natural.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Very clean and looks factory natural.
Thanks, that's definitely what I was going for.

What parts are M76? Gas block?
Gas block, regulator retaining tab (transplanted onto the PSL gas tube), and FSB. Was going to use the M76 bolt carrier, but it would have required a lot more machine work than I was willing to do at the time.

Also more pics of the muzzle. Interesting stuff going on there if it's threaded
Started out as an M76 FSB with the built in flash hider. I really like the way the stock M76 flash hider looked, but I also plan on building a 54r form 1 suppressor soon so I wanted to use that as well. So I cut the flash hider off and turned some 5/8-24 threads onto the remaining stub of the FSB (much like an AK-74 FSB). Muzzle brake is from Damage Industries, which uses the same QD thread pattern as Griffin Armament.

Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:55:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Damn thats very nice indeed,nice work

I would be showing that girl off too

Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:28:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Holy shit brother the stuff you build rocks my klash loving mind!!! They are beautiful..... I still have one of your builds and it sleeps by my side of the bed every night haha. My wife is getting envious you might have to do something 74ish and sell it on the EE so I can level the playing field for her...
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 4:01:17 PM EDT
[#8]
wow that's a nice looking rifle 
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 8:54:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I also plan on building a 54r form 1 suppressor soon
View Quote
Yes that's where I was going with the interesting stuff about the flash hider comment...I am really excited to see what happens with this. I love this project and your work on it is already beyond awesome

Fantastic work!

Z
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 1:09:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice. Looks great!
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 2:54:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Amazing work. Now after your done and if everything works. Start showing that puppy to some manufacturers see if they can make one correctly. How much total time and estimated cost have you got in it?
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 6:09:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Amazing work. Now after your done and if everything works. Start showing that puppy to some manufacturers see if they can make one correctly. How much total time and estimated cost have you got in it?
View Quote
Time, a little over a year.

Mainly because of all the other projects I have going, plus hubby duties, plus school, plus work, etc. Honestly shouldn't have taken me more than a few weeks if I had dedicated more than an hour here and there to it. Cost wise, I'm sitting at about $2,000 if I were to buy everything over again (maybe more?). In reality, I had lots of these parts that I bought back when PSL parts were more plentiful. Unfortunately, a project like this will only become more expensive as time goes on.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 7:49:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Oh I see, you just don't want anyone else to play this game. LoL I'm kidding I was looking at cost of a few things here and there. I am not thinking this would be a viable option to do for mass production and fast sales.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 9:57:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Oh I see, you just don't want anyone else to play this game. LoL I'm kidding I was looking at cost of a few things here and there. I am not thinking this would be a viable option to do for mass production and fast sales.
View Quote
Lol, if that were the case I failed. I've already had a few people message me on the Files and elsewhere asking for details because they plan on doing the same with their PSLs. I have a whole other set of M76 and SVD parts that I got in case I messed up, which I'm considering putting on another PSL kit if I can find one. Or do something else with a milled receiver of some type.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 11:31:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Glad to see this done finally. I've been following this one very close for awhile now . Nice vids to
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 4:46:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Update in the OP.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 10:21:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 11:54:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Awesome work bud, I wouldn't use that break as a suppressor mount though.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 11:56:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Awesome work bud, I wouldn't use that break as a suppressor mount though.
View Quote
I'm not. I just get them because they're really cheap when Damage runs a sale.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 3:41:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Man that gun is just a work of art.... amazing...
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 4:42:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Nice, I'll be glad to hear more abut it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 7:04:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'm not. I just get them because they're really cheap when Damage runs a sale.
View Quote
10-4, I bought one of their projector sleeve's to put on my SBR M92 when the can isn't on. the threads are the the same but because it doesn't have the taper to mate up with, it constantly backs off.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 11:05:59 PM EDT
[#23]
!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top