Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2017 6:53:39 AM EDT
Hello
I just got a 94 Norinco MAK90 from an auction for a great deal. The rifle is clean and looks like it was barley ever fired.
When I dry fired it to feel the trigger I held the trigger back and then operated the bolt to check the reset of the trigger but it didn't and appeared that the hammer followed the bolt.

This is my first AK so I don't know if that's how they act if they are dry fired and it will be fine when I shoot it or is this thing going to go full auto when I shoot it?

I would be greatfull for any help
Thank you
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 7:50:13 AM EDT
[#1]
make sure the pistol grip stock screw is tight.  When I got my MAK-90 out of the box it did the same thing.  That screw was way loose.  It's worked perfect ever since.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 8:06:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Ok I'll make sure to check it
Thank you
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:17:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
make sure the pistol grip stock screw is tight.  When I got my MAK-90 out of the box it did the same thing.  That screw was way loose.  It's worked perfect ever since.
View Quote
I'm not sure how a loose pistol grip screw could affect the function of the trigger since they're completely independent of each other and far enough away from each other that they don't impede paths.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:19:22 AM EDT
[#4]
OP, when you are dry firing are you forcibly cycling the action to reset the trigger or are you gently pulling it back? In either case, are you making certain that you're pulling it all the way to the rear until it bottoms out on the rear trunnion?
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:28:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I guess it would be gently pulling it back, I'll try racking it harder to see if that would be it
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 10:42:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Trouble shooting is a pain. Itbwould be better to post a pic of your trigger group when the hammer is reset. Guys on here can tell with just a glance if something is wrong
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 4:03:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah I'll post a picture when I get a chance
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 4:36:58 AM EDT
[#8]
" />

Ok i guess the pictures dont show untill they get approved since i am under 50 posts if i read the photo instructions correctly
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 8:58:04 AM EDT
[#9]
well, no disconnector in there. That's your problem
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 9:08:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, something is missing in there.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 9:24:34 AM EDT
[#11]
As the above posters stated, you are missing the disconnector and disconnector spring.
Recommend you replace everything with a Tapco G2 Double hook fire control group. You will also need a disconnector spring.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 9:53:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Your trigger should look like this:

(Pay no mind to the parts forward of the hammer, your rifle will not have those parts)
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:09:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I bet someone was tring to do a no no with it.

( not saying it was you OP)
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 5:30:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Well thank you all for pointing out the problem, now I can fix it and enjoy the rifle.... after replacing the ugly thumb hole stock
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 5:41:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Well thank you all for pointing out the problem, now I can fix it and enjoy the rifle.... after replacing the ugly thumb hole stock
View Quote
Not just that simple. The guys will be along to tell ya the parts list to be able to change the stock out
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 9:13:34 PM EDT
[#16]
So with the disconnector and spring will anyone work or do I need the disconnector with the tail?
Palmetto state has a good price on them but it doesn't have the tail

Dang was hoping the stock would be easy
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 9:23:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So with the disconnector and spring will anyone work or do I need the disconnector with the tail?
Palmetto state has a good price on them but it doesn't have the tail

Dang was hoping the stock would be easy
View Quote
Tail or not, doesn't matter in a semi-auto. In almost all cases no tail is preferred. The issue with the stock would be if your receiver is slant cut or not. If it's not, you have a few choices. If it is, your choices are slimmer.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:07:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Lucky for me it is a straight cut receiver, i am looking for a triangle folding stock to put on it.

thank you for the info on the parts
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:28:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
i am looking for a triangle folding stock to put on it.
View Quote
That will be a very expensive task if you're looking to have a military type triangle folder installed. It will also permanently alter the rifle. If you want something like the Manticore triangle stock, that will still require cutting off the tang from the rear trunnion, thus preventing you from going back to traditional wood if you decided to. I think there might be an adapter that doesn't require you to cut the tang, but that makes the LOP a lot longer. In addition, your Mak has a 1.5mm receiver, as opposed to a 1mm receiver. So any adapter you get will more than likely need to be machined down to fit. I would personally look into trading the Norinco for an AK that already has the triangle folder.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 2:35:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Yeah i have been searching through the posts on here about it. will probably just go with what i got and modify it, id think trading would be a hassle and cost money. i got this for $400

i still have a lot to look up
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:46:44 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm sure there are people reading this forum who have removed their Chinese FCG's to install a Tapco set. I have accumulated about 10 Chinese FCG's from readers on this forum to install in guns I own, as the Chinese FCG's are the BEST. I usually pay about $10. If you are worried about the 922 parts count, a US mag also has 3 US parts. My Chinese AK's are my favorite, & I would never remove the factory FCG, to replace with a lesser quality 922 set. GARY
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:09:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I bet someone was tring to do a no no with it.

( not saying it was you OP)
View Quote
<removed> please no false info in a tech forum, save it for GD. dryflash3
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:22:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm sure there are people reading this forum who have removed their Chinese FCG's to install a Tapco set. I have accumulated about 10 Chinese FCG's from readers on this forum to install in guns I own, as the Chinese FCG's are the BEST. I usually pay about $10. If you are worried about the 922 parts count, a US mag also has 3 US parts. My Chinese AK's are my favorite, & I would never remove the factory FCG, to replace with a lesser quality 922 set. GARY
View Quote
This.

Chicom fcg are the best there is,beats any of the aftermarket triggers by a long shot. I buy and stash them up in my parts box whenever possible
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 2:14:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Hey guys just to update and close the thread, i got my disconnect  and spring from PSA and installed them yesterday with no problems... now just to find a day to get to the range and shoot it.

Thanks for the help
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 8:17:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 3:54:36 PM EDT
[#26]
sweet
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top