Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/18/2017 3:06:13 PM EDT
I wonder how these stack to the ever popular Tapco.
Anyone try one yet?  I would imagine they would be superior to Tapco since it's made by ALG Defense.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 3:15:17 PM EDT
[#1]
The AKT-UL completely crushes the G2. I have never shot a better AK trigger myself and have been slowly retrofitting them in my go-to rifles. Very short reset makes it a ton of fun and much easier for double taps

For some reason the AKT-UL would not fit properly in my Bulgarian AKSU due to the trigger guard rivet. The AKT-UL does seem to fit my SLR104 and SGL31s just fine though and it's hard to see what is different about the Bulgarian AKSU rivet. Eventually I will file it down a tad  but not in a hurry, I put another G2 in it when the old G2 disconnector wore out.

The regular AKT-EL is nice too, but for me not anything crazy better than the G2. It's noticeably shorter and smoother but doesn't have the same feel as the AKT-UL. I've got one EL and 3 UL's so far

Z
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 3:22:39 PM EDT
[#2]
It blows the garbage Tapco trigger away. 
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 3:23:17 PM EDT
[#3]
They are like a Tapco G2 with a much shorter pull and reset. I like them. Never cared for the loooong pull/reset of a G2.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 3:47:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the AKT in my SAM7k sbr. Feels like an Ar15 competition trigger. Worth it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 5:21:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I literally just installed one in my 104FR and the difference between it and the factory trigger is night and day. I'm going to run a mag or two through it tonight. But just cycling the action the difference is huge, it resets every single time (factory Arsenal would lock up and need to be reset manually) and the break is short and light. Before I greased it it was 3.5 consistently, after greasing it I'm getting 2.5 consistently.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 7:09:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I really like mine.  It replaced a Tapco G2.  I actually liked the G2 (I have fired some AKs with truly horrible triggers in the past) but I prefer the ALG. I don't have a trigger pull scale but the ALG is noticeably lighter and has a cleaner feeling break to me.  It is also a much shorter over-travel and reset as others have said.  I have the base model and not the enhanced version...
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:52:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the ALG in both of my 'go to' AKs (Saiga IZ132 and Serb M92PAP SBR). Love them. So much nicer than a G2. Tapco isn't horrible, but they aren't that great either. The ALG is sufficiently inexpensive that I doubt I'll ever buy another Tapco.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:59:21 PM EDT
[#8]
The regular AKT feels ALOT like a Tapco GT.  Light and smooth but a long pull and reset.  The safety adjustment feature is nice.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 4:25:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The AKT-UL completely crushes the G2. I have never shot a better AK trigger myself and have been slowly retrofitting them in my go-to rifles. Very short reset makes it a ton of fun and much easier for double taps

For some reason the AKT-UL would not fit properly in my Bulgarian AKSU due to the trigger guard rivet. The AKT-UL does seem to fit my SLR104 and SGL31s just fine though and it's hard to see what is different about the Bulgarian AKSU rivet. Eventually I will file it down a tad  but not in a hurry, I put another G2 in it when the old G2 disconnector wore out.

The regular AKT-EL is nice too, but for me not anything crazy better than the G2. It's noticeably shorter and smoother but doesn't have the same feel as the AKT-UL. I've got one EL and 3 UL's so far

Z
View Quote
I spent all the years from 2007 to last year using AKs with Tapco triggers. I feel a vast improvement with just the regular ALG trigger. Feels like a match trigger by comparison. 

But... its still relative I suppose
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 7:31:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I spent all the years from 2007 to last year using AKs with Tapco triggers. I feel a vast improvement with just the regular ALG trigger. Feels like a match trigger by comparison. 

View Quote
For sure agree it's way better than the G2.

I guess the point I'm making is that I got used to the EL and don't notice it much (just like I don't notice the G2), but with the UL I still notice it with every shot. And regularly stop and think 'damn that's nice'

Z
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:59:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah, g2 and regular alg don't feel anything alike to me beyond the fact that you pull them. lol
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 4:00:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Order placed for the UL, thanks.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 9:30:48 PM EDT
[#13]
What are the pull weights of the EL vs UL?
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:29:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah me too.....
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 3:30:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Yeah me too.....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah me too.....
Boom
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 2:35:07 PM EDT
[#16]
My east should be back in June and one of the mods is an ALG trigger. I'm excited
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 7:41:57 AM EDT
[#17]
I like the feel but wish it was about 1-2lbs heavier.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 8:27:58 AM EDT
[#18]
They are nice but have some documented issues with the disconnect in certain guns (PAP M02 for example).

I blame that on AK variability rather than Geissele.

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232472
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 9:11:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I like the feel but wish it was about 1-2lbs heavier.
View Quote
Which version?

I've been trying to get an idea of the differences. But it seems to be a large rage because of the differences in AKs. 

I'm not sure if the ultimate is worth the extra money. The enhanced sounds a little lighter than I'd even want. 

I remember Bill mentioning something about bending springs to increase the pull weight a little. 
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 11:33:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 8:55:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Which version?

I've been trying to get an idea of the differences. But it seems to be a large rage because of the differences in AKs. 

I'm not sure if the ultimate is worth the extra money. The enhanced sounds a little lighter than I'd even want. 

I remember Bill mentioning something about bending springs to increase the pull weight a little. 
View Quote
Mine is the AKT with extra power spring. My rifle took a trip to Geissele to get my trigger working correctly. For some reason the extra power spring turned my trigger into a 2-stage and I had excessive pre travel. Now, the pull is great but it's still too light in my opinion.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 9:13:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Attachment Attached File

My UL is in. Took a bit of roll pin filing to get the safety "happy" again but wow, the reset is amazing. Pull travel improved a little and it did drop some pull weight. I'm more blown away at how fast the reset is. Great upgrade for $65 or whatever on sale.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 4:59:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Mine is in a M10 and replaced a Tapco G2.  For me, it was absolutely worth the cost.  It has better feel and reset but is still numb compared to most AR triggers.  I did have to file a bit on the roll pin and also on my safety but again, worth every penny.  If the CMC was cheaper I would consider it.
ETA: I went with the heavier spring setup.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 6:23:51 PM EDT
[#24]
I like them, I put one in each of my rifles, except for one which has the G2. I think for the money a modified G2 is the way to go unless you want the lightning bow trigger look/feel, which I did.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 5:56:46 PM EDT
[#25]
I have them in both of my AKs. As others have said they are a vast improvement over the G2 and a variety of other AK triggers.

Installation in a VEPR was amazingly easy, nearly drop in, all I had to do was swipe one part with a file a couple times.

Installation in a PAP pistol however was a complete nightmare. Had to take it to a dedicated AK smith who completely recontured the safety.

If I had one complaint about these triggers its that they are so light and crisp compared to stock triggers or the G2 that shooting these ruins the experience of shooting a stock trigger.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:24:09 PM EDT
[#26]
I recently installed one in my under-folder and its kick ass!! Installed an over-stop as well. Who needs full-auto when you have a sweet trigger!! 
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 9:29:42 AM EDT
[#27]
They are on sale now at Primary Arms !!! 25% off. Picked up the UL trigger for 67 and change !!!
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 9:57:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Its comparing toilet paper to a corn cob.

The ALG ( standard or other) has improved geometry for short trigger pull, lighter pull and smooth sear release.
The Tapco "works" until it breaks.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 8:38:07 PM EDT
[#29]
I've never heard of a g2 trigger breaking.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 10:42:11 PM EDT
[#30]
I just installed my AKT-UL
Wow, this thing is like a match trigger.
I went back and installed the extra aux spring (comes in the kit) to add some weight to the pull.  Still really light, even with the aux spring.
I do like it much better than the Tapco trigger.
The only thing I don't like is that the trigger a matte silver, I prefer black.  I feel like it gives the gun a "bling" kind of look.. which I don't prefer.
Well worth the money.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 3:46:50 PM EDT
[#31]
I agree with all of the comments.  The standard ALG in my VEPR 1ve is superior to the tapco in my saiga's.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top