Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2017 11:05:33 AM EDT
I just finished a few projects and have too much free time on my hands.

I've decided I need an 14.5" RPD strictly on the grounds that they look cool.  I have no fantasies about taking a zombie hoard out or holding looters at bay, I just want something that turns money into smiles and in my experience betlfeds do this well. However, I have no interest in a semi-auto one.

Two options-
1. Machine a new lower that will accept a binary AR trigger.  This will be a PITA.

2. Make a binary striker fired trigger.  This is the path of lesser resistance- anyone ever hear of something like this?
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 11:38:55 AM EDT
[#1]
If you figure out a binary for the ak trigger group you patent it asap  before sharing the info you will be rich. I'm in just as I think your right it would be to cool. I need to add I am unsure as in don't know the trigger group of a rpd.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 11:52:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Chamber it 6.5 Grendel too. Fits in standard RPD belts.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 9:28:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Semi auto rpd's have a funky trigger. Good luck with your project.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 10:21:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Semi auto rpd's have a funky trigger. Good luck with your project.
View Quote
im writing checks I likely can't cash here but- it's striker fired, sear/reset work will be different than hammer fired but doable?  Anyone have advice regarding striker trigger work?
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 4:12:53 PM EDT
[#5]
The only thing I am curious about is the interface of the bullet loading mechanism and timing of it to the trigger used. I am interested , but lacking in knowledge on this guns operation.  It looks pretty complex from this diagram.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 8:15:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The only thing I am curious about is the interface of the bullet loading mechanism and timing of it to the trigger used. I am interested , but lacking in knowledge on this guns operation.  It looks pretty complex from this diagram.
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee97/akuser47/rpd-machinegun-schematic_zpsarwultl0.jpg
View Quote
I'm sure theres a better solution but I'm thinking a contingent disconnector bar, something like a lightning link but obviously not full auto.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 12:58:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Yea, the thing I'd have trouble with is the setup. To get the gun firing on pull and release. I look forward to seeing you get it done. It would be awesome.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top