Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2017 1:13:46 PM EDT
brand new SLR104, the gun still shoots about 1/2" left @ 50 yds.  moving the sight any more will put it way too close to the hood from a decent sight picture

Link Posted: 3/26/2017 1:15:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Picture isn't showing up, but I would make Arsenal fix it if it's that's close. Luckily, if they won't fix it, it's easy enough to fix yourself.

ETA: Now it's showing up. Is the front sight block visibly canted? Is the rear sight block centered within the ears of the front trunnion? Or is everything straight?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 1:58:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Not for nothing, but a question that seldom gets asked when these threads pop up, is how many rounds have been fired from the rifle so far? Is it brand new and this was your first outing?

Just asking, because some new barrels do all kinds of crazy stuff until you get a couple hundred rounds down the pipe (or use some kind of break-in procedure).

My PTR was doing a sad 4-5 MOA and was grouping steelcased ammo 3 inches to the left of where it was grouping brass-cased ammo (weird huh?), all the way up until almost exactly 200 rounds, then all of a sudden it starts one-hole-ing groups dead center with both types of casing and running on average about 1.5 MOA.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 2:12:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Picture isn't showing up, but I would make Arsenal fix it if it's that's close. Luckily, if they won't fix it, it's easy enough to fix yourself.

ETA: Now it's showing up. Is the front sight block visibly canted? Is the rear sight block centered within the ears of the front trunnion? Or is everything straight?
View Quote
looked at the rifle, and it appears to be a rear sight issue.

Link Posted: 3/26/2017 4:28:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I would request they fix it. For the amount of money you paid for the thing- it should be right. Would you accept a new car with a good ding in it??

If the rear site is off,. then you cannot fix it. If the front site is canted, it pretty easy. But if the front site is straight up, the only way to fix is to cant it in the opposite direction, making the front site look stupid/off.

Make them fix it, as they should have done better quality control in the first place.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 4:33:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If the rear site is off,. then you cannot fix it.
View Quote
If the rear sight block is only canted, then it's the same process as a canted front sight block. If it's the mounting point for the rear sight itself, then it would require the rear sight block to be replaced. But I agree that Arsenal should fix it, nonetheless.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 4:49:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not for nothing, but a question that seldom gets asked when these threads pop up, is how many rounds have been fired from the rifle so far? Is it brand new and this was your first outing?

Just asking, because some new barrels do all kinds of crazy stuff until you get a couple hundred rounds down the pipe (or use some kind of break-in procedure).

My PTR was doing a sad 4-5 MOA and was grouping steelcased ammo 3 inches to the left of where it was grouping brass-cased ammo (weird huh?), all the way up until almost exactly 200 rounds, then all of a sudden it starts one-hole-ing groups dead center with both types of casing and running on average about 1.5 MOA.
View Quote
exactly 100 rounds through it
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 6:07:47 PM EDT
[#7]
NO, I would definitely NOT accept that! Make them exchange that rifle for a good one. You should not be victimized by their lack of Q.C.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:50:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Is the trunnion crooked?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:04:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I had a 107CR that was way worse than that on the rear sight.

I didnt even bother shooting it,sent it back to Arsenal,got a replacement rifle.Looked like shit

I dont know what happened to my original,they probably boxed it up and sold it to someone else
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 11:43:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Hell no, I would not be cool with that.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 11:08:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Have you had the pleasure of dealing with "Nadia" yet?  Good luck.  Fuck Arsenal.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 6:15:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I had multiple arsenal rifles...the only one that shot to poa when sights were centered was an sgl20 that i stupidly sold. The worste was an slr107 that was delivered in the shape of a fish swimming...this did not happen in shipping (box was mint). I didnt accept delivery and sent it back like multiple other times. Usually i dont care about cant if i can shoot it in but some of these are out of hand.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 7:45:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Send it back! I've had numerous issues over the years with Arsenal, but out of the 30+ I've owned, the a best have been my SLR104FR's.
I can't find fault with any of them.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:54:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I have had a few good Arsenal's but also a few bad ones.

I only buy Chinese AK's now,done with the crappy quality control with Arsenal and some of the other manufacturers
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top