Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/21/2017 7:27:50 PM EDT
Hot damn do I miss mine.

Hes not around anymore, right? From what I recall, his  business acumen wasn't as up to par as his build abilities?  

If this isn't the case I'd be delighted.  

Looking forward to an update from the hive.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 9:50:10 PM EDT
[#1]
My AKS74U is a jnewt build that I purchased in 2011 from its original owner.

As far as I know he had stopped building well before that.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:00:52 PM EDT
[#2]
He converted my SLR105 to a side folder. Impeccable work and cheap back in the day

Shame he went under
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:25:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Looking back in archive I see he really had some issues.

Oy.

But it looks like he made good before closing shop.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 6:08:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looking back in archive I see he really had some issues.

Oy.

But it looks like he made good before closing shop.
View Quote
His story was a pretty common one back in the days of dirt cheap parts kits.  Several builders popped up and put out great rifles.  They priced their work under the competition.  So everyone got in line for a build since it was cheap and (at the time) had a really fast turn around.  It didn't take long for the builder to be overwhelmed and suddenly their whole operation just falls apart.  It really doesn't take much for a one man show to get overwhelmed like that... especially when it's a side business to do in their free time while working a full time job.

If I remember right, jnewt was an EMT.  I can't imagine trying to juggle a side business as a full time EMT.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:47:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm still bummed I never got one of his builds, at one point I was on the list to supposedly be one of the next few builds but he never contacted me and after he finished that batch he started having trouble.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:10:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I think his problem was that he just let people send in kits to him, so hundreds did and completely overwhelmed him. Good guy who had so great mag deals.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 5:37:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm going to have to pull my Polish underfolder out that he built for me.  Back when he was going full steam ahead he built an AKS-74 for me that was fantastic.  I sent my underfolder parts kit and receiver to him and then his business went into a tail spin.  It took him a while, but he got to me.  It is a gun I will never sell.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 11:05:10 PM EDT
[#8]
He's still around
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top