Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/15/2017 9:38:39 PM EDT
I recently acquired a vepr fn ak 11 and the stock isn't that comfortable. I am looking for a replacement and was considering the magpul fixed stock. Thoughts and suggestions are welcome.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 10:13:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't love mine, but the price was right.  I can't honestly tell you what about it I don't like, but something just seems off.

Function is fine.  I put it on one of my AK-74's that has a scope on it, riser to boost the cheek a little.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 10:25:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I dont like how it looks,but i am a picky person when it comes to AK's
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 10:36:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine came on a DDI Hungarian build.  I like how it stores a cleaning kit in the stock and has a little extra room in there for ear plugs.  I also like how easy it is to pop on a riser for use with scopes.  I like the grippy butt pad too - I can lean the rifle against the wall on a slick floor without it sliding down.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 3:57:52 PM EDT
[#4]
It's okay. 6/10 maybe.  I like the storage, the angle of the stock brings it up a bit too high and contributes to the kind of dorky rake it has. The attachment system is poor at best. Be nice if it was slightly shorter.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 9:10:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Not a fan of it myself for the following reasons...or the Zhukov (a.k.a C3PO's foot).

1. Attachment system
2. Having to buy separate cheek rests to get the right cheek weld
3. Looks like a folding stock but doesn't fold

I went with the Pro-Mag Archangel collapsible stock because it had a built-in adjustable cheek rest, attached in the standard way, came with detachable rubber butt pad, will accept QD swivels or regular AK sling, variable length-of-pull to fit the rifle to whatever gear your wearing. Only drawback to it is no space for the standard buttstock cleaning kit.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 10:49:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I am beginning to think I might as well put a m4 stock adapter on and go from there. I want to be able to interchange between irons and some sort of low magnification optic without messing with the stock to much.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 5:56:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am beginning to think I might as well put a m4 stock adapter on and go from there. I want to be able to interchange between irons and some sort of low magnification optic without messing with the stock to much.
View Quote
Canis adapter works stunningly well, Attero bravo mount with a micro-dot gives you lower 1/3 co-witness as it has a built-in rear sight notch.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:39:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Please delete
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:20:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:20:31 PM EDT
[#10]
System Message
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top