Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2017 2:59:02 PM EDT
I have a Draco pistol with a regular US Machine Gun "under the pistol grip" buffer tube adapter so that I can use a pistol buffer tube and cheek rest device (currently using the Thordsen).

However, I've found the USMG adapter to be dog shit on the Draco. The angle is all wrong for mating up flat with the rear of the receiver, which angles the tube up slightly relative to the receiver itself. It's also so chunky under the pistol grip that my Ergo AK grip won't even really mate up with the trigger guard as its supposed too, so I am using the stock pistol grip. I've contacted USMG about it to ask if this was normal, and they never responded and cam to find out that this is a known issue and they just don't care.

I've noticed the SB47 from Century has a similar design with an 'under the pistol grip' adapter, but they come with a proprietary tube and brace already installed. Their adapter is flatter and looks like it lines up correctly on Draco receivers. I believe you can remove the tube and use a regular AR15 pistol buffer tube in the adapter, which would enable the use of aftermarket cheek rest kits like the shockwave and Thordsen. Has anybody tried this? I'm hoping to track one down cheap to try it but haven't found one yet. Just thought I'd ask here. I'm not interested in modding the rear of my Draco to accept other aftermarket buffer tube adapters at this time.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 3:51:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, it works

Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:44:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Thanks, that's very helpful. Did you use a pistol buffer tube or do products like the shockwave work with the tube that comes with the SB47? I've never seen one up close so I don't know.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 6:03:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks, that's very helpful. Did you use a pistol buffer tube or do products like the shockwave work with the tube that comes with the SB47? I've never seen one up close so I don't know.
View Quote

It's the SB47 tube. There's a tiny amount of play at first, but the set screw negates it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 10:11:14 AM EDT
[#4]
No need to buy the kak tube.

I've ran the kak blade on my sb47 tube without issue, but personally I prefer the SB Galil brace over the Kak.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top