[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ALG is the best
View Quote

I agree. 
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 11:44:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I am very pleased with the new CMC unit.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 12:08:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I like the RAK-1. I bought the ALG and wouldn't install it due to that carrier tail slapping hump that most folks are grinding down. Then on some Arsenals there is a clearance issue between the rear rivets on the trigger guard ( think that's right)

The RAK-1 feels like the G-2 with the hump already gone.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:16:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I have the ALG, I never liked it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 4:21:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Another vote for ALG!
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 9:30:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have the ALG, I never liked it.
View Quote

I have both the regular and enhanced triggers and am quite impressed. I didn't think an AK trigger could be this good

What's causing you not to like it?

Z
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 11:19:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I have both the regular and enhanced triggers and am quite impressed. I didn't think an AK trigger could be this good

What's causing you not to like it?

Z
View Quote

The break is very indistinct, I've been told that all AK triggers are like that, but I had a Tapco with a distinct break, my factory Arsenal trigger also did, but it had reset issues.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 2:03:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I've always ended up running the Red Star Arms FCG in my AK's, but I much prefer a two stage over a single stage trigger. It's on the pricey side of the spectrum, though to me it's worth it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 2:34:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Arsenal 2 stage with the "hump" filed off to make it a proper single stage is nice. Chinese FCG is pretty nice too. Next I am going to try a Tapco trigger and disconnector along with a surplus Bulgarian hammer, should be a pretty good combo.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 2:36:38 PM EDT
[#11]
What ever happened to Texas AK Triggers? Had one in my first AK and have yet to feel a better AK trigger.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 11:51:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Of all that I have tried I prefer ALG.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 5:49:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Uh-huh, ALG allright. Do a search about broken disconnectors and you'll see why I warned about (and always do) rushing into a new AK product made by a company that primarily makes products for AR's.

You can easily make a factory trigger on an AK almost as light as that ALG, you can make it as light but I don't feel like either one at that point are safe for inexperienced shooters, even at 40+ years of shooting myself I don't really make any trigger less than 2.5 lbs, 3 on all the rifles.

Unfortunately there's no way to let you guys try the trigger on one of my AK's, that's the only way you'll understand, or if you try one done by Gunplumber or any of the smiths who really know AK's. If you tried it and then I spent 5 minutes showing you how it's done and how easy it is, you'd never buy another aftermarket trigger for your AK, or for your AR for that matter, super-easy on that rifle too.

There is nothing wrong with the design of the AK trigger that needs any radical changes, it's extremely simple and incredibly robust.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:39:52 PM EDT
[#14]
I like the Tapco G2

For a factory trigger the Chinese double hook triggers are simply the best
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 10:32:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
I agree. I pull out junky US FCG's, & replace them with EXCELLENT Chinese FCG's.  GARY
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 4:26:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I agree. I pull out junky US FCG's, & replace them with EXCELLENT Chinese FCG's.  GARY
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thirded. Double-hook modded for a single hook receiver, the chinese triggers are the best, but I usually use a different hammer, chinese weren't great about machining the hammers evenly.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 10:53:07 PM EDT
[#17]
G2's with Polytech hammers.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 4:58:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
G2's with Polytech hammers.
View Quote
Why would you use the hammer and not the trigger from the chicom?

Chicom double hooks are outstanding. And the double-hook is a must if you are using it to take out the overtravel in a single hook receiver.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 5:06:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I like the RAK-1. I bought the ALG and wouldn't install it due to that carrier tail slapping hump that most folks are grinding down. Then on some Arsenals there is a clearance issue between the rear rivets on the trigger guard ( think that's right)

The RAK-1 feels like the G-2 with the hump already gone.
View Quote
Does century sell the RAK-1 by itself?
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:03:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Why would you use the hammer and not the trigger from the chicom?

Chicom double hooks are outstanding. And the double-hook is a must if you are using it to take out the overtravel in a single hook receiver.
View Quote
While I agree the Chicom FCG's are outstanding, I don't want to add the second slot in the receivers. I chose the Polytech hammers as they are
hammer forged, and heat treated properly, minimizing any carrier tail damage.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 1:43:44 AM EDT
[#21]
I have an Arsenal and the trigger literally felt like it was moving sideways on the pull.  I switched to an ALG which is better by factors of tens, however, I agree with the above poster that the break is absolutely hidden.  If the magic formula is to be "surprised: by the shot, this is the trigger.  Only an issue if you're trying to be very precise, plinking at 100 is a non issue.  I still like the trigger and would recommend it.  Haven't had any issues so far.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 2:14:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I don't want to add the second slot in the receivers.
View Quote
I don't think you get what i'm trying to say to you. You DON'T cut a second slot in your single-hook receiver, that's the whole point. You carefully notch the second hook on the trigger (it only takes a tiny bit)  just enough so that the trigger will fit and work to JUST release the hammer, but NOT make that mile of overtravel that a standard AK trigger normally has.

It's the single best upgrade you can do to your AK trigger and costs nothing. The overtravel in an AK trigger is immense relatively speaking.

There's some more work to be done to make sure the disco works correctly, it's self-evident when you look at it and cycle the trigger, easy-peasy. (hint: disco "foot" angle)

Then if you really want performance, you start working on the take-up, which is also absurdly long in an AK. Shorten and re-profile the hooks (while still watching/adjusting disco engagement), then square the hammer to the back of the bolt if you like, but keep in mind if you do that you will almost certainly have to lower the disco shelf some as taking off part of the hammer hump may result in the bolt not pushing the hammer down far enough to engage the disco.

It's all easy as hell, and can be done with nothing more than a small file and some sandpaper. Dremel makes it fast but you have to be real careful not to have a dremel spasm and cut too much off.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:12:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I don't think you get what i'm trying to say to you. You DON'T cut a second slot in your single-hook receiver, that's the whole point. You carefully notch the second hook on the trigger (it only takes a tiny bit)  just enough so that the trigger will fit and work to JUST release the hammer, but NOT make that mile of overtravel that a standard AK trigger normally has.

It's the single best upgrade you can do to your AK trigger and costs nothing. The overtravel in an AK trigger is immense relatively speaking.

There's some more work to be done to make sure the disco works correctly, it's self-evident when you look at it and cycle the trigger, easy-peasy. (hint: disco "foot" angle)

Then if you really want performance, you start working on the take-up, which is also absurdly long in an AK. Shorten and re-profile the hooks (while still watching/adjusting disco engagement), then square the hammer to the back of the bolt if you like, but keep in mind if you do that you will almost certainly have to lower the disco shelf some as taking off part of the hammer hump may result in the bolt not pushing the hammer down far enough to engage the disco.

It's all easy as hell, and can be done with nothing more than a small file and some sandpaper. Dremel makes it fast but you have to be real careful not to have a dremel spasm and cut too much off.
View Quote
Your right, I could do it that way too. I do have some spare double hook Polytech triggers that I could easily modify. Personally, I've never had any issues with the G2's, other than some tail deformation from the hammers.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:20:07 AM EDT
[#24]
I've got an ALG for my Wasr-10 but it's not yet installed
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 2:46:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Your right, I could do it that way too. I do have some spare double hook Polytech triggers that I could easily modify. Personally, I've never had any issues with the G2's, other than some tail deformation from the hammers.
View Quote
Me either, I have used the hammer and disconnector from G2's with chicom triggers, two of my rifles are set up like that now, they work great. Have also used TAKT stuff and it works too. Basically I have a pile of trigger parts in my parts box, stuff I got on sale or barely used, and when I go to do a new triggerset I use a chicom trigger, and then pull out the box of parts and go through and match up the best of the batch, hammers are the main thing I cherry pick, it has to have a large area on the backside where the disconnector catches it, if I find a hammer that's just too short in that area I throw it away.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:00:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Big fan of ALG. I got one for my Saiga build and after some testing added one to my tactical M92PAP as well. Very nice.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 10:41:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
What ever happened to Texas AK Triggers? Had one in my first AK and have yet to feel a better AK trigger.
View Quote
I agree, still have one, glad I never let it get away. I heard he only made small runs of trigger groups so they weren't always available.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:54:01 PM EDT
[#28]
I agree with those who are saying the ALG's have an unpredictable break. I was disappointed.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 12:10:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Does century sell the RAK-1 by itself?
View Quote
Yes. You can find them for a little under $30. I'm still liking them. I've got 3 now.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top