Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2017 9:24:26 AM EDT
Has anyone had issues with mags sitting too low?
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 11:10:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I haven't but one thing you can try other than checking out different ammo to see if its short stroking like I wrote in the other thread......try building up a couple of pieces of tape on the mag latch in the back so the mag will sit a hair higher and see if that fixes the issue...if so the mag latch is letting the mag sit too low.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 1:20:59 PM EDT
[#2]
It's not short stroking. when he bullet hits the guide, the case rim slips under the bolt lug. The yugo mags fit loose, but the polish mags that malfunction all fit tight.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 9:06:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Are you on AKfiles?  There are a couple of guys on there with the same issue.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 12:08:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Just picked one up and it runs with Tapco, bakelite, Polish, Romanian, German and Yugo with no problems.  This rifle is a beast, sights were dead on, no adjustment necessary, able to ring steel out of the box at 200 yards effortlessly.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 1:47:14 PM EDT
[#5]
If when you pull back on the magazine the feed lips touch the bottom of the rails, that indicates that the selector stop is machined correctly and your mag catch is short. If when you pull back on the magazine the feed lips still do not touch the bottom of the rails, then your selector stop needs to be machined. The feed lips should always touch the bottom of the rails or be a blonde one away from it. Side to side play shouldn't have an effect in most cases.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 4:03:09 PM EDT
[#6]
OP: This issue is addressed on one of the AK forum sites. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link to another forum from here but if your issue is not resolved, shoot me an email & I'll send you the link.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 11:02:58 PM EDT
[#7]
In for interest, just bought one of these and haven't fired it yet
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top