Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/21/2017 1:04:35 PM EDT
Going to take advantage of the Optics Planet sale.

Which RD should I go with?

Considering the Aimpoint Pro patrol in a RS regulate mount.

I also like the Meprolight Trudot. My only concern is with a sight like the Trudot or any other holo sight do they sit to high up on the rail? Will you have to use a chin weld?

If anyone has suggestions or pics that would be great.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:54:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I had an Aimpoint comp M2(same body as the PRO) in a RS gen 1 30mm mount on my Vepr, it sat nice and low co witnessing with the irons. the Mepro was built for Tavors & ARs so it will sit uncomfortably high.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:32:07 PM EDT
[#2]
AP H1 on mine.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:10:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I've run Comp M3, H1's, and T1's on my Ak's you can't go wrong with any of them in the RS mount.  I'd stay away from other options
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 11:05:57 AM EDT
[#4]
IMO the Aimpoint Pro with the RS 30 mm mount is the way to go. As stated above the red dot co-witness nicely and the RS mount has plenty of adjustment for the rd to be centered with the line of bore.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 9:14:41 PM EDT
[#5]
<snip> No selling in threads, see #2 below.

Conduct code,

SPECIFIC TO SALES
  1. Companies or individuals may not advertise or sell products and/or services in the forums without permission from an admin. (This includes siglines and titles.) Industry Partners are allowed to post sales or specials on a limited basis and also require admin permission.
  2. Companies or individuals interested in selling or trading equipment should resort to the Equipment Exchange. At no time should an item be listed in any discussion forum. This includes links to auctions.
  3. Fraudulent practices or attempts to defraud another person or group will be dealt with very seriously.
dryflash3
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 3:09:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Keep it simple, effective and cheap.

PA red dot in an Aterro Arms mount.

Should cost less than 160.00
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 5:13:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Not an SLR-106 but close - Bulgarian 5.56 AK74. I use the PA MD06 on a cheap eBay MI mount clone (search eBay for Black Rifle Tactical), total cost is about $80. Works great.

Link Posted: 3/5/2017 6:32:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I say a PK AS for your SLR106.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 10:57:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I'll be rocking a PK-AA.

Kalinka has the PK-AA (Venezuela) in stock for $399.

Secondary option is a Ultimak and a T1/H1 combo
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 3:15:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

This is the correct answer. Nothing beats the Attero mount for a micro, and PA red-dots are superb.

I have a couple TRS-25's too and they've worked fine as well.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 1:11:42 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a T1 on mine in a RS mount, works well.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top