Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/19/2017 11:05:11 AM EDT
For a WASR. Something low profile and that keeps the buffer tube high. I have seen the RD stock adapters and it's like something I am looking for.

Besides the Rifle Dynamics adapter, what other options does the darksiders recommend?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:28:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I wanted an AR stock on my PSL, so I cut off the tang and installed an ACE receiver block, with a pig nose that just bolts onto the adapter block into which the AR tube screws. It was OK, but I thought it felt a bit weak. Then I found the Iron Industries rear trunnion, which is set up for installing an AR buttstock. First I had to remove the rear trunnion rivets, then fit it to the PSL. My PSL has a square-back receiver from Nodak Spud, same as an AK. It also has holes for 3 rivets, for which I had to drill a third hole. My rivet set was way smaller in diameter than the holes in the trunnion, so I had to order some larger diameter rivets, which I got from Mcmaster-Carr. Believe me, this would have been easier if I'd found the Iron Industries trunnion first when I was building my receiver. Having that long barrel installed makes it harder to do a good job squeezing the rear rivets. its not as pretty as I'd like it but it works.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:58:42 AM EDT
[#2]
The Definitive Arms adapter doesn't require you to cut the tang and it's AK operators union approved.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:20:48 PM EDT
[#3]
If you can find one or catch them in stock, the Canis adapter is by far the best. That's basically why they are never in stock, small company-great product. I have two and they are rock solid and proven for a ton of range trips and rounds now. Andrew and Wes are super nice guys to deal with too.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:00:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I always liked the Vltor tube but it doesn't raise it up very high. Idk what I have the the rifle I just got but whatever it is I hate it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:01:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Meridian Defense's trunnion, followed closely by JMac's MOD-2 adapter. Both fantastic products. The former requires a trunnion swap, the latter requires a 4.5mm folding trunnion (or else a trunnion swap). I really like Definitive Arms' work and would link to their site if they finally update the damn thing, but they make a "AK M4 stock adaptor" that looks well made and cleverly designed.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:37:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the Vltor adaptor.  I have to use a cheek riser to shoot with a scope though.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:17:47 PM EDT
[#7]
x2 for the Canis adapter. For me, it works perfect with irons. Tried the Vltor, but it sat too low for irons. Liked the Canis so much, I bought an extra one
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:34:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I have both the Vltor and Impact Weapons Components AK-AR stock adapters. The Impact Weapon Components is way more solid than the Vltor, but it does raise the buffer up a bit higher.
http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/ak-ar-stock-adapter/
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:46:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have both the Vltor and Impact Weapons Components AK-AR stock adapters. The Impact Weapon Components is way more solid than the Vltor, but it does raise the buffer up a bit higher.
http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/ak-ar-stock-adapter/
View Quote

That looks really nice but if you get a good quality buffer tube it will cost more than the VLTOR and IMO still doesn't look as clean. I guess I prefer the VLTOR because it looks like it was made for the rifle without any sort of adapter.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:17:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
x2 for the Canis adapter. For me, it works perfect with irons. Tried the Vltor, but it sat too low for irons. Liked the Canis so much, I bought an extra one
View Quote

X3 for the Canis.. Ordered a couple..
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 1:06:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Went with the Rifle Dynamics as it was easy to find and does what I want.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 6:25:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Went with the Rifle Dynamics as it was easy to find and does what I want.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.
View Quote
Because of this thread, so did I. Best use of that CTR I had laying around.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top