Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 2:57:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeah I found that stock last week, should have posted a followup here.

That grip looks pretty cool, but doesn't have the features I described that were my reason for suggesting the grip. Kinda looks like the zenitco grip or one of the knockoffs i've seen (that were a metric ton cheaper than the zenitco).
View Quote

I did indeed start with the Zenitco as one of my inspirations, as well as the MOLOT US grip and a few others. It shares no common dimension with any, but a variety of best features and my own ideas + what Circle 10 wanted it to become.

As for the other features.. maybe removable side panels in the future, the mag idea is interesting and unique, but not something I personally would be interested in pursuing, perhaps someone else would.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 2:58:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That alone would be a quantum leap, IMO.
View Quote

Working on this problem right now.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 9:59:15 PM EDT
[#3]
A quality built but affordable ($600 or less) AKM and AK-74 clone. It seems the ones with good furniture are becoming harder to find.

A classic AK-74M and AK-103.

I like the classics.

A clone of the Russian military AK-74M upgrade kit. Not sure if the muzzle device is NFA friendly though.

An AK that is a clone of those Russian SF AK-105s with Zenitco furniture. Assuming they can bring the price down, $200+ for some rails is not going to sell when you can buy lots of American made ones for less than half the price. Extended safety selector, mag release and whatnot all pre-installed.

Quoted:
Now, since you brought economies of scale into the picture, are you then arguing that AK's are low volume products and it's near peers are high volume products thereby making the AK more expensive?
View Quote

AKs would certainly be a low volume product, compared to ARs at least. I don't have any numbers, but assuming prices were similar, ARs would probably sell many times more than AKs. And the only market for American made AKs in the US. Everyone else will buy Russian or Chinese, with some other poor European countries thrown in the mix. The military/LE market is largely dead for AKs, and again, they'll go to the Chinese for probably half the cost.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 9:51:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Can we please get a freaking bullpup?
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 2:28:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

+ what Circle 10 wanted it to become.
View Quote

Wouldn't it be better to make it what the customer/enduser wanted it to become?  Might sell more that way, just sayin'.

The longer frontstrap and curved backstrap do look like it should fit the hand better and I like that aspect a lot, but the angle looks the same as every other AK grip, time to move forward in that area I think, or is everyone still shooting their AK old-school sideways vaguely-biathlon style? I know i'm not, and that angle has to go, modern shooting techniques have vastly improved my hit ratio at the range in the last few years, but it does require an optimized grip angle to be fully effective, unless you just really enjoy uncomfortable wrist pronation.

And the removeable side panel idea allows for a wide range of possible customization for the customer to fine-tune it for their needs. Some guys work better with slim grips, I run Hogue wraparounds on all my pistols and the difference is startling once I install them.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 8:57:32 PM EDT
[#6]
A US ammo maker to produce 5.45x39.
US Palm to bring back the ak grip with plug.
A US made fixed stock with a higher comb, 1/4-1/2" and not some adjustable crap.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 9:10:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
A US ammo maker to produce 5.45x39.
US Palm to bring back the ak grip with plug.
A US made fixed stock with a higher comb, 1/4-1/2" and not some adjustable crap.
View Quote

'Merican 5.45
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 9:12:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

They're out there and over rated.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 9:19:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd rather get one of those kits that turn a side folder into a bullpup when it's folded.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 3:59:22 AM EDT
[#10]
I would be good with rifles withproper materials, dimensions, and construction.

And somebody just choose a 5.56 spec to share so we can have good rifles with plentiful mags.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 4:49:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

AKs would certainly be a low volume product, compared to ARs at least. I don't have any numbers, but assuming prices were similar, ARs would probably sell many times more than AKs. And the only market for American made AKs in the US. Everyone else will buy Russian or Chinese, with some other poor European countries thrown in the mix. The military/LE market is largely dead for AKs, and again, they'll go to the Chinese for probably half the cost.
View Quote
There are about 50 AR-15 manufacturers, many of them are not that high volume.  No other country is buying those either, and LE is only buying from the same 5 higher end companies.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 2:40:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Factory build guns from every combloc country. All calibers and variants. Also cheap parts kits.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top