Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2017 2:17:11 PM EDT
I'm liking the C39V2 Milled AK. Any opinions on this gun? Quality and customer support?
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 8:49:02 PM EDT
[#1]
There are a few threads on it but I don't mind chiming in again lol. I am around 3k rounds with no issues. I use the ask master mount on the side but it's been a great shooter. Very accurate. As I said in another thread I think most of the bad stuff said about century aks are from the ras 47, with it being milled it avoids the main issues the ras had. some bolts got out that were not correctly heat treated but that was a long time ago and it's been fixed. CS is good from what I hear but I haven't used it. I think the only real weak point on the gun is the cast BCG but I haven't had a issue and I think very few have. Some did change it for a polish bcg and felt it was complete after that. Personally I say get it shoot it, if something comes up century will fix it for you.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 9:25:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the look of the C39v2 and the generally good reviews of it enough to be in the same boat you're in and am seriously considering making a purchase. Military Arms Channel and the VSO Gun Channel have both shot one extensively without any problems.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 9:37:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Im trying to stay out of the AK world, but after handling one locally I NEED one. I don't know anything about AK's though.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:03:56 PM EDT
[#4]
There were some issues in the early models with the bolts not being properly heat treated.  But they have since worked those out.  

I have one with around 1,000 rounds and no issues.  I have the Magpul goodies and overall it is a nice accurate low recoil package.  

It has gotten good reviews from MAC and AKOU.  I wouldn't hesitate to buy one again.  

Century Arms C39V2 - How's it holding up?

Century C39V2 No BS Review! Is it Epic Fail or Working Gun?
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 11:05:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had several and have never been disappointed in any of them. I had one experience with CAI customer support. I was shipped a plain barrel C39 sporter and had ordered a chrome lined model. It was Bud's screw up, however Century exchanged the rifle. They even allowed me to keep the original due to a shortage og barrels to build new rifles. Thats way above and beyond what they were responsible for doing. On my last 2 C39V2's I had replaced the BCG even though the OEM parts exhibited no wear (2nd was replaced before it was ever fired and the OEM parts sold)

I think the nitrided receiver will prove to be as durable as commie receivers. I believe in the nitriding.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 11:10:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm strictly looking at the Milled Century. Are the barrels green mountain?
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 1:44:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm strictly looking at the Milled Century. Are the barrels green mountain?
View Quote

Yes the 4140 nitride barrels were known GM and the newer 4150 barrels I have no confirmation as to who makes those and just assume its GM..  They are very silent as to the specs. I've tried to ask Century about parts and they just flat refuse to acknowledge what their parts are and who makes them saying it's confidential info. On the early C39 receivers, there were different manufacturing marks from various states, but the barrels were from a common supplier and built to CAI specs.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 2:57:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I know the general feeling on here is extreme disdain to hatred of anything CAI or especially Ras47 or C39v2 in origin.  I have posted mine has been solid and is a excellent shooter.  You will have allot of talk by non owners but the majority seem to be solid guns from what I have gathered and seen from other owners as well.  I keep an eye on my bolt and haven't had any issues to date, getting ready to come up on 2k rounds soon.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 8:23:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I enjoy mine, and have many rounds through it without issue. Whenever I mention it in some of the AK groups on Facebook, I get flamed pretty heavily. I have other AKs and it hangs in with everything else I own. I managed to get in early on the V2 and got an absolutely screaming deal....That said, I am thinking of selling it to buy another parts kit. We'll see what happens.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 10:50:55 PM EDT
[#10]
FWIW mine has had 0 issues to date.    Well, scratch that---the stock came loose but tightened the screws and it's solid again.    

Currently it's around 2k rounds with 1k of those being suppressed.    

RS Regulate AK-309 Mount For Century RAS-47 & C39V2 With An Accuracy Test (HD)
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 11:11:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I wish I would have bought a C39V2 instead of my RAS47.  I like the milled receiver more than the stamped receiver with cast trunions.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 2:13:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 8:53:36 AM EDT
[#13]
So no hand guards for Milled ?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 12:47:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So no hand guards for Milled ?
View Quote

The C39v2 takes standard AKM (stamped) furniture, which is nice IMO.

I got a C39V2 in trade and I have been on the fence about keeping it. I have had a love/hate relationship with AK's for years and have had some serious problems with several.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 7:43:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 1:33:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Isn't v3 supposed to be coming out with cleaning rod and all that good shit?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top