[#2]
It's an M10X-Z without the factory FS.

https://www.mm-industries.com/m10-zhukov-folding-stock/
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 7:16:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Really nice, who makes it?
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 7:18:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Is that one of the M+M Elite "AK 47s" Centerfire Systems is selling. I was only able to find 3 video reviews about it. The first 2 were pretty harsh as the gun was having serious reset problems after 500 rounds, and the charging handle was beating the slot in the receiver up pretty badly. The last review seems to say that the reviewer was now happy with the gun after it had been back to the shop 2-3 times. The reviews were from early this year iirc. I have not been able to find any newer reviews. Links anyone? I would be a buyer for this gun at a price around $700-$800 but NO WAY at over $1000. Hopefully the manufacturer has debugged this gun. No reason for a new gun to be that badly built in this day and time.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 7:21:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I think that's the first rifle I have seen where the Zhukov looked like it belonged on there.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:04:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Is that one of the M+M Elite "AK 47s" Centerfire Systems is selling. ....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Is that one of the M+M Elite "AK 47s" Centerfire Systems is selling. ....

Yes from Centerfire Systems but it is not the Elite model.  Elite was the 1st design M+M came up with and modified it from feedback received. This is the 2nd version with the Magpul stock.  Haven't shot it yet so can't tell ya what it can do.  Factory is practically in my backyard
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:50:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Its your money
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:21:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I had heard so little about those after they were pimped at SHOT show (like 2 years ago?) that I wrote them off as vaporware
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 8:59:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Looks very interesting and solidly built. This is the first I've seen of these. What is the weight on her? I see a front sight but don't see a rear sight of any kind. Do you plan to run an optic or RDS? Nice rifle btw...
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 3:58:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Looks very interesting and solidly built. This is the first I've seen of these. What is the weight on her? I see a front sight but don't see a rear sight of any kind. Do you plan to run an optic or RDS? Nice rifle btw...
View Quote

It's 7.2 lb empty.  I don't have iron sights on it. I will be running a 1-4 Meopta or 1-4 Vortex, not sure which one I want to remove from the once piece extended mount (for AR platform) and get some medium rings for the scope.  I tried to mount the scope with an existing AR mount but it is about 1/2" too high for proper cheek weld.

Got some Hornady Steel Match SST coming for testing...who knows, it might be decent shooter or just another 7.62 rifle in the toys chest
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 11:09:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I tried to mount the scope with an existing AR mount but it is about 1/2" too high for proper cheek weld.
View Quote

I just paid $10 for a Magpul snap-on cheek riser at Cabelas.  Sounds like you need one of those for that stock.  Snaps on really tightly (and make sure your skin on your fingers isn't under the edges of it when it snaps on - holy crap that hurt).

I would have gotten it at AIM, but my wife had bought me a Cabelas gift card sometime back... AIM (free shipping):  http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?groupid=2761&name=Magpul+AK+Stock+Cheek+Risers
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:41:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I was very much into these when they were first announced at SHOT (2015?), but delays and price increases turned me away. It's a very cool design and I like M+M's work (I have an old M10-762) but they just priced them too high. That and the comparable Sigs aren't as unreliable as they were two years ago.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:08:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quick update - Went to the range early morning on Sunday for a quick function test. This rifle is a joy to shoot double taps, the Damage Industries brake works amazingly well. Trigger is almost too light, it bumped fired on me a few times on the bench but not off the bench, I'm sure it was just me not doing the right thing while benching.  No Hornady Steel Match for this outing so I used my first ever batch of Red Army HPs, accuracy @ 100 yds with this ammo and a 4x scope was 'blah' to say it nicely.  Should have brought my AMD 65 to compare this ammo out of two guns.  Ran through 60 rds without any hiccups.

Steel Match ammo arrived today, maybe I will go back out this weekend for some serious bench work.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:13:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I was very much into these when they were first announced at SHOT (2015?), but delays and price increases turned me away. It's a very cool design and I like M+M's work (I have an old M10-762) but they just priced them too high. That and the comparable Sigs aren't as unreliable as they were two years ago.
View Quote

I agree, M+M priced the 10X a bit high, sub 900 would be a great deal but at 1200, it is only worth it to the few people who likes unique stuff.

I did look at the Sig 556 xi but couldn't get over that trigger.  They haven't made any improvements for the trigger unit since the early series of 556 Classic, which is still sitting way in the back of my safe.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:51:36 PM EDT
[#15]
PIcs of it broken open, please?

AR FCS?

Is the definition of an AK now a firearm that takes AK mags?  
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 2:35:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
PIcs of it broken open, please?

AR FCS?

Is the definition of an AK now a firearm that takes AK mags?  
View Quote

It's still very AK inside, but obviously borrows heavily from the SIG family of rifles, especially the bolt/carrier/piston and gas valve setup - and the split receiver design as well.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/08/joe-grine/mm-m10x-elite/

Hope it works out well.. I was really interested but not at that price point - and that price was decided even before the AK market skyrocketed.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top