Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/19/2016 8:56:17 PM EDT
I'm in the market for an underfolder. I've been checking the websites, but which should I stay away from and which are the good shooters? Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:52:34 AM EDT
[#1]
What is your budget?
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 6:53:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, I just picked up a Yugo underfolder on Monday from J&Gsales.com . The only other AK's I've ever owned were Norinco's that are pretty top notch in my opinion. The Yugo is a very nice AK as I was pleasantly surprised. The sights are strait as an arrow and the build quality is pretty impressive as are it's fit n' finish. I'd give this AK pattern underfolder a solid 8 out of 10. HERE is the link. I ordered it on Monday and it was at my dealer in Atlanta on Friday.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 7:11:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Source: Atlantic Firearms (Best in the business)

AK Underfolder: DDI
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:31:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is your budget?
View Quote

~ $800
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 6:51:34 AM EDT
[#5]
NPAP DF.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:21:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 1:46:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well, I just picked up a Yugo underfolder on Monday from J&Gsales.com . The only other AK's I've ever owned were Norinco's that are pretty top notch in my opinion. The Yugo is a very nice AK as I was pleasantly surprised. The sights are strait as an arrow and the build quality is pretty impressive as are it's fit n' finish. I'd give this AK pattern underfolder a solid 8 out of 10. HERE is the link. I ordered it on Monday and it was at my dealer in Atlanta on Friday.
View Quote

They are on sale now for $599, so I went ahead and ordered one.  Should be here this week!  I'll post a report...
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 12:15:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, as promised, here are the pictures...  It arrived on Thursday before Christmas and today I took it to the range.  Here is the problem; at 100 yards not only couldn't I hit the target, but I couldn't even hit the 36"X36" target frame.  I went to pull the target and move it to 50 yards and found my shots were impacting the left side of the target frame in the target to my right.  The rounds were impacting ~3.5' - 4' to the right.  I moved to 50 yards and the shots were on the right edge of my target frame.  I looked down the top of the gun and the front sight base is way off to the left.  Looks like Century still has front sight issues.  See the pictures below.  

I called J&G and they emailed me a UPS label to return the gun.  I will keep you all posted as this develops.

Link Posted: 12/31/2016 12:28:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah that front sight is canted badly.

My policy is if possible check the sights out in person or if buying online find a seller that will check to see if the sights are straight.

Keep us posted,im interested how this turns out.Its not a hard fix but with century who knows what they will do
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 10:58:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:25:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, I received the replacement tonight.  The sights appear straight.  I had no issues with J&G.  They immediately e-mailed me a pre-paid UPS shipping slip and turned a new rifle around to my dealer.  The rifle looks as good or better than the first, but if I pull the bolt back all the way it seems to hang-up (see picture).  If I push down on the bolt handle, it closes.  It seems like the right side of the carrier is popping off the rail.  It may be nothing, but I'll shoot it Friday or Saturday to verify.

Link Posted: 1/18/2017 1:32:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Well, I received the replacement tonight.  The sights appear straight.  I had no issues with J&G.  They immediately e-mailed me a pre-paid UPS shipping slip and turned a new rifle around to my dealer.  The rifle looks as good or better than the first, but if I pull the bolt back all the way it seems to hang-up (see picture).  If I push down on the bolt handle, it closes.  It seems like the right side of the carrier is popping off the rail.  It may be nothing, but I'll shoot it Friday or Saturday to verify.
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh196/AFMarksman/DSC_0817_zps4gin7xwi.jpg
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh196/AFMarksman/DSC_0816_zpsdcid4maw.jpg
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh196/AFMarksman/DSC_0815_zps8gdvi29g.jpg
View Quote

Remove the top cover so you could see if the bolt carrier is popping out of the rails. Sorry OP but I would've stayed away from century.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 5:47:21 PM EDT
[#13]
It may just be hanging up on the hammer. If you pull the bolt carrier all the way back and release it, does it still hang up?
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 9:54:58 PM EDT
[#14]
The bolt is catching on the hammer, it happens on every one of my AK's which is thee yugos and an romy, literally all of them do it, my romy has 5k rounds though it and it still does it. Also, if you dont like it

<snip>buying and selling is not allowed in posts. Read the Conduct Code for more. The red CoC block next to Search. dryflash3
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 12:48:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Just saying... Should be a good gun though.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 4:40:31 AM EDT
[#16]
AK prices have been dropping a little bit. OP you should have waited before purchasing and also should've gone with an N-PAP DF that you know is built overseas by Zastava instead of being assembled from a kit by Century.

I might have to pull the trigger on a N-PAP DF soon myself. Prices have come down about $100 from what they were prior to the election.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 4:58:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Where are you looking, I gave 650 for my Npap DF four or so months ago.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:43:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Where are you looking, I gave 650 for my Npap DF four or so months ago.
View Quote

That's about where they are now from a few vendors. Right before the election and immediately afterwards, they were in the mid $700's. Use slickguns or wikiarms and enter the N-PAP DF part # RI2174N to see all the various prices.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 1:01:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Well, I took it to the range and it functioned 100%.  I also took my Romanian WUM-1 out and the Yugo shot a better group.  The Yugo also has a much nicer trigger pull, but as you would expect, the underfolding stock is not good for a cheek weld.

I will say I'm happy with the rifle and it seems as the bolt hang-up I had when I fist got it is about gone.  As someone earlier posted it seems like it was rubbing with the hammer.  

I'm very pleased and for $599 I think it was a great price.  I would prefer not to swap the rifles because of the front sight, but J&G has great customer service and my FFL didn't charge me a fee for the second rifle.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 7:25:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Well, I took it to the range and it functioned 100%.  I also took my Romanian WUM-1 out and the Yugo shot a better group.  The Yugo also has a much nicer trigger pull, but as you would expect, the underfolding stock is not good for a cheek weld.

I will say I'm happy with the rifle and it seems as the bolt hang-up I had when I fist got it is about gone.  As someone earlier posted it seems like it was rubbing with the hammer.  

I'm very pleased and for $599 I think it was a great price.  I would prefer not to swap the rifles because of the front sight, but J&G has great customer service and my FFL didn't charge me a fee for the second rifle.
View Quote

Maybe J&G hired some new employees over the last few years. I had them ship a few guns which had been packaged like shit (K31 arrived with the bolt handle poking out of the box, got scratched up) several years ago, and the straw that broke the camel's back was an order being sold out from under me 4 days after purchasing it. No apology or attempt at customer satisfaction, just a simple "which model do you want in its place?" What they still had in stock was not what I was looking for. I haven't shopped there since.

Glad you had a nice experience with them.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top