Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/3/2016 8:13:15 AM EDT
I had the privilege of attended the IraqVeteren8888 YouTube shoot this pass weekend.

Noticed the DDI table has some new models talked to the owner and he said the new Aks Shown in the picture are 100% american made. Hammer forged trunnions & Bolt Carrier.
The only non 100% american made Ak is the one with the under folder. The owner said they are going to use up what UF stocks they have on hand and that would be it.

Shot and handled the Side folder and really like it. Better Fit and finish than my Arsenal SLR.

Posted the first time in the wrong section. Sorry

picture uploader

image upload

image hosting 30 mb
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 8:58:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice. Thanks for sharing. Did they say anything about availability of the newer guns? I'm particularly interested in the triangle stock model.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 9:04:11 AM EDT
[#2]
They look nice, but I'm not wild about that gas system and barrel combo.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 9:08:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Interesting, and also thanks for sharing

I wonder if AKOU is going to get a hold of one

Z
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 9:36:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Price?
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 10:31:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice. Thanks for sharing. Did they say anything about availability of the newer guns? I'm particularly interested in the triangle stock model.
View Quote

Did not ask when they would be shipping. But he lead me to believe that the parts kits that he has been getting was all dried up so I am assuming soon 3-6 months. (100% guess their)
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 10:34:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Price?
View Quote

He said something about the $900.00 range. Not sure if that was MSRP or Street Price. I seen Mr.GunsandGear talking to him and then they went off away from the range to shoot a video. So I am sure he will have more information on these in the days to come.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 6:45:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Interesting, and also thanks for sharing

I wonder if AKOU is going to get a hold of one

Z
View Quote

Straight from the AKOU FB page:

"Hammer Forged Trunnions, bolts and carriers - meet new AKs on the Block - straight from TN based DDI (Destructive Devices Industries ).
According to DDI, they are even going to offer hammer forged barrels options as well ($50 upgrade), if those barrels will meet QC standards.
Most expensive model, triangle side folder with cold hammer forged barrel option, is project to sell for just under $1k.
DDI just stared production of those rifles, so expect to see them at your dealers in around 2 weeks."
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 6:55:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I've been very impressed with my DDI stamped underfolder.

Really nice attention to detail....highly recommended.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 11:31:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like the gas tube has 4 or 5 flutes stamped into it instead of 6.  Not a big deal, just a difference.

Might just be the angle of the picture though.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 12:01:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Guess I'm more of a traditionalist as I just can't get past that FSB/GB combo, no cleaning rod, no bayonet lug, and AR15 FH. Maybe they should offer a "classic" model...
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 12:28:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Guess I'm more of a traditionalist as I just can't get past that FSB/GB combo, no cleaning rod, no bayonet lug, and AR15 FH. Maybe they should offer a "classic" model...
View Quote

Don't they?

I think DDI is also marketing these towards suppressor use.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 3:20:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I love that FSB/GB combo.  Looks like the Rifle Dynamics set up.
Best looking AK in my opinion. Rifle Dynamics also shortens the barrel which makes it handle nicer.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 7:23:42 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote

Count me as one too. If I was ever going to make an AK into a SHTF rifle, then yes, I'd add a bunch of modifications to make it a 21st century carbine. But otherwise, just from a collection and range gun stand point, I like the classic with wood and all.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 8:41:57 PM EDT
[#14]
I like the fsb/gasblock combo.  I do wish you could still install the cleaning rod.  A bayonet lug would be nice too, but not really a selling point for me.  CHF chrome-lined barrel would also be preferable and a 5.45 option.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 9:38:32 PM EDT
[#15]
They look sweet. Big plus for me on suppressor use ! Go head and make it the 5/8-24 thread !
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 9:38:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 10:36:25 AM EDT
[#17]
I said it in the thread over in GD, but I'll reiterate it here. I had the chance to handle DDI's new forged parts at NRAAM and chatted with them about their development. I also got to handle a couple of early examples of these rifles. The parts themselves are extremely well made. The machining is as good or better than commbloc factory components and assuming they're dimensionally sound (I obviously couldn't test that there), these should be the first fully US-made AKs that can go toe-to-toe with European factory rifles.

I too am not a fan of the gas block's aesthetics and hope they come out with a more traditional rifle at some point.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 12:36:54 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm willing to bet that the gas block/FSB combo is about lowering manufacturing costs, since you only have to align and pin one thing to the barrel instead of to 2.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 1:44:08 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I said it in the thread over in GD, but I'll reiterate it here. I had the chance to handle DDI's new forged parts at NRAAM and chatted with them about their development. I also got to handle a couple of early examples of these rifles. The parts themselves are extremely well made. The machining is as good or better than commbloc factory components and assuming they're dimensionally sound (I obviously couldn't test that there), these should be the first fully US-made AKs that can go toe-to-toe with European factory rifles.

I too am not a fan of the gas block's aesthetics and hope they come out with a more traditional rifle at some point.
View Quote

MAC went to DDI and spent a lot of time there, talking processes, parts, assembly with the owner.

It all falls in line with my impressions of DDI guns. Very thoughtfully made, excellent asembly, no shortcuts.

These folks make fantastic AK's.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 2:27:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
They look sweet. Big plus for me on suppressor use ! Go head and make it the 5/8-24 thread !
View Quote

You had me at suppressor friendly.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 7:14:58 PM EDT
[#21]
New video.  These rifles look great.

Link Posted: 10/5/2016 7:53:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

With a combo block, what cleaning rod and bayonet would you even use? It would look stranger with them than without.

I like combo-blocks, but this one looks a little wonky. Maybe it's just angles of the photos. That said, these rifles look great I'm pretty excited to see this thread. If the top-end model will be south of $1k then I look forward to seeing what a basic poly side-folder will cost. I don't know that I'm looking to add any more AKs to the collection, but these have my attention.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 6:30:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Looks like an RH10.  I like it, but not as much as a traditional AK shape.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 10:22:47 AM EDT
[#24]
I should have a pretty detailed video up by the end of the long weekend.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 11:45:13 AM EDT
[#25]
The gas block is not my cup of tea at all but a lot of people like them, plus they should put the rifle closer to the AK104/105 balance and feel which is nice.

It was not a bad idea to go that direction but I'd also like to see a traditional AK setup, and/or a more traditional combo GB/FSB.  Biggest thing to me is that a company has stepped up and tried to make a high quality US AK. We've seen so many half assed attempts and marketing schemes in the past.

I hope DDI can establish themselves as a real alternative to combloc AKs at a good price point. The combloc rifles have a spotty history of importation so while you can get good stuff they often quickly become unobtainable

(And I hope they make them in 5.45x39 so guys like me can buy one)

Z
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 11:59:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Look forward to your video. I was the guy with the fire department that spoke with you briefly. Keep up the good work.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 6:58:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do people actually get Columbus Day off work?
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 8:10:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Looking forward to that.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 12:09:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Question is, when and where will we ever be able to buy DDI ? I can't ever find any in stock.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 1:58:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you work for any company in the financial sector. I worked for a credit card processor years ago and we had Columbis day off because they couldn't settle transactions since the bank was closed, even though it never effected me in the IT dept. But I wasn't complaining .
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 6:15:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Question is, when and where will we ever be able to buy DDI ? I can't ever find any in stock.
View Quote

http://www.ddiarms.com/pages/distributors
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 8:08:18 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View Quote

Got my DDI stamped underfolder from Atlantic.

Best place online I've ever bought guns from, hands down.

Keep your eye on their AK inventory.

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/ak-47-74-rifles/ak-47-rifles.html
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:26:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Got my 47UF from Classic before the prices went up. Think I paid $600 or $650
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:19:08 AM EDT
[#34]
I would like to see ddi make a 410 amd 20ga version like saiga had.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 2:08:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Several distributors should have these within the next couple of weeks from what I read on another forum.  But,  i know that David Fillers has held back release until they are nothing less than perfect.  I got to shoot a few of these earlier this month at Big 3 East.  I was thoroughly impressed and also loved the full auto version that he brought.  David Fillers did state that when they are released,  they will be as good or better than a Russian Siaga.   Time will tell on these,  but I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one to put through its paces.  It sounds pretty amazing.  If the full production rifles are exactly like the ones that were on hand earlier this month,  DDI just may be on to something.

** Atlantic Firearms said that they already have DDI 100% US made AK on their site and are just waiting to get their first shipment in so they can list them as "in stock." I am sincerely hoping to be able to pick one of these up BEFORE the election. The market is  gonna be pure lunacy after the rigged election results are released.....
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 8:51:13 PM EDT
[#36]
looks like an RH-10
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:08:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Why does the folding stock push button not have a hole through it?  Well, I guess the correct question is why does the folding stock push button on every other side-folder AK I have seen *have* a hole through the push button?  Does that hole serve any functions?  Maybe exposing the internal spring so you can oil it?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top