Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/28/2016 5:57:58 AM EDT
Whats the deal with that ? Is it a old site ?
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 6:47:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't understand your question.  They are available to purchase from K-var and several other distributors.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 6:48:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just bought one (from somewhere else). But I emailed KVar asking for availability and got no response. I'd give them a call.

Depending on what you are looking for, 106's are around.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 11:40:47 AM EDT
[#3]
If K-VAR shows it in-stock, they have it.  They have a live-inventory system, aside from the "we found a case of them in the back" thing they like to do.

The 106 just isn't that popular.  It may have been "discontinued" but no one knows or cares, so they still have them.

That said, I have both a 106FR and a 106UR SBR and like them both.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 12:18:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't understand your question.  They are available to purchase from K-var and several other distributors.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_64/162238_Is_the_Arsenal_106_out_of_production__.html

User "goloud" said they were no longer in production (at least that's how I and others read it when combined with the other post's title).  I think that caused the confusion.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 1:23:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Out of production, but old stock is still available.

Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_64/162238_Is_the_Arsenal_106_out_of_production__.html

User "goloud" said they were no longer in production (at least that's how I and others read it when combined with the other post's title).  I think that caused the confusion.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 5:30:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 5:38:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I called today and they indeed have some in stock. I ordered a SLR 106 -81   . It has the warsaw lenght furniture .   Hell for awhile everyone and everybody said there was no more and discontinued. They website showed 0 forever. So I guessed I was shit out of luck ... But now it's like
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 7:36:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Does anyone know if Definitive arms would modify a 106 to accept ar mags like the do for veprs?  I would buy one and send it to them in a heartbeat otherwise not interested in buying a different 5.56 ak mag.  I love the concept of 556 ak though.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 7:59:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if Definitive arms would modify a 106 to accept ar mags like the do for veprs?  I would buy one and send it to them in a heartbeat otherwise not interested in buying a different 5.56 ak mag.  I love the concept of 556 ak though.
View Quote

Not sure about that modification, but there are still some Zastava M90NP rifles and M85NP pistols available that have a factory AR mag adapter installed.

After a year of telling myself "no" I ordered a M90NP the other day. Another project.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 2:23:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I think they were discontinued because everyone was all like. An AK should be in a communist caliber. All the talk about how the 5.45 was better.

I love my 106. I much prefer the 5.56. As it is more plentiful than 5.45. With way more loadings.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 5:22:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I think they were discontinued because everyone was all like. An AK should be in a communist caliber. All the talk about how the 5.45 was better.

I love my 106. I much prefer the 5.56. As it is more plentiful than 5.45. With way more loadings.
View Quote

It was discontinued because they completely fucked up the design and their "fix" was to dremel out a big old feedramp on the chamber. I have also heard of extractor and ejector problems with the Arsenal 5.56 guns. Now the Polish Archer rifles, those rifles are the real deal. I hope they are able to bring more in.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 6:54:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

They're not taking on custom work currently, or even in the foreseeable future.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top