Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/24/2016 5:11:11 PM EDT
Anyone have experience mounting the Magpul AK MOE stock on a WASR? There is a gap between the receiver and the stock..no matter what order or how tight I make the screws.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 5:23:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't help fix it but it would drive me crazy too
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 12:22:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I had the same thing on my WASR. The rear trunnion wasnt perfectly strait and bending down ever so slightly. I bent the trunnion up VERY lightly and the gap went away.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:57:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Apparently that's just the way it is.

Same with the PSA AK MOE version, it's not just you and your WASR.

You can sort of see it in their pic. But I have one, looks just like your gap.

- OS

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 4:37:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had the same thing on my WASR. The rear trunnion wasnt perfectly strait and bending down ever so slightly. I bent the trunnion up VERY lightly and the gap went away.
View Quote

Did you just pound it lightly upward with a rubber hammer?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 4:37:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Apparently that's just the way it is.

Same with the PSA AK MOE version, it's not just you and your WASR.

You can sort of see it in their pic. But I have one, looks just like your gap.

http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp158/Purple_92_SS/Firearms/PSAK-47/7777853profileright_zpsyghblum5.jpg

- OS

View Quote

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:45:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks like the vertical ribs on the sides of the tang are interfering with the stock. Pull the stock off and have a look to see if they are leaving marks inside the front of the stock where the tang goes in. You might file a little off of the stock where it is making contact and see if the gap changes.

If there is nothing going on there you might check the tenon of the stock to see if there is any interference with the underside of the trunnion.

I have only installed these on Saiga 12s and they always fit well.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:27:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Both of mine did that. I tightened the top screws completely first and then tightened the wedge block. If I even slightly tightened the block first, it would pull down and leave that gap.  DDI stamped and WASR both did that with the MOE stock.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:33:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I put the rear trunnion tang in a vice with hard plastic jaws and pushed on it in VERY little increments. You dont want to over do it because you can seriously screw up the rivets, receiver or both. I must have done it 10 times with very tiny pushes and I called it good enough even though I had a tiny gap left.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 3:05:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Your rear trunnion is not installed perfectly aligned.  You'll need to learn to live with it, or get the trunnion reinstalled.  One is much cheaper than the other.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:26:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Find out where the interference is on the stock and file it to fit.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:52:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Whoa there! Don't take a file to your gun quite yet. I had the same problem with that stock. Take the second washer, the one that goes into the trunion, and reverse it so that the elongated "foot" points toward the stock rear. This will prevent the washer "foot" from pressing back against the trunion. In other words, both washers that go with the stock will be pointed rearwards.
Also, profile: locktite the crap out of those bolts for the stock, else it may fall off while firing. Happened to me.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top