Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/23/2016 6:40:33 PM EDT
This time it was this  Valmet M62/S. I wonder if I can tacticool it out?

J/K

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 7:00:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I hate you. Why can't I ever find nice things like that. Good score OP
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 7:03:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Those things look like something someone pieced together in the apocalypse.  Love it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 7:22:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Fuuuu! it looks like the R4, I got a chubby

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 7:31:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:57:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:30:20 PM EDT
[#6]

The Rightous would declare you a true infidel, post a bounty, and then hunt you down for defiling such a virgin...

Stick to Tapco ing WASRS & IOs & Please don't screw with that one...

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:31:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Just Curious - how much....

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 6:28:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just Curious - how much....

View Quote

I have decided to stop posting what I pay for guns as it is something that is between the buyer and seller and in this case a private transaction rather than a public auction.

But, I will say this:

This was a trade deal where I had a gun that the previous owner wanted and a Valmet M62 wasn't even on my radar. I did some research to see if I could come up with a value on it, but there are so few of these that come up for sale I had to go back several months to find some sales. Last May, one sold for over eight thousand dollars on Gunbroker, and a few weeks later one sold for around $7500. Bear in mind that the M62's with the cheese grater handguard and bicycle grip are rare. I am not exactly sure just how rare they are, but I have heard estimates that much less than a hundred were imported.

While I won't say what I paid for it, let's just say that I did very, very well on the trade.

And just for the record, the tacticool thing was meant as a joke.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 5:38:51 PM EDT
[#9]
That's awesome.  great find!
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:33:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Great score, I'm jealous.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 12:38:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I think I need a Valmet to make an R4 "clone"
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 4:07:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

It would be easier to use a Galil kit, and cheaper too.

My modest Valmet collection;

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 2:07:51 AM EDT
[#13]
those valmets are beautiful
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 4:06:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
those valmets are beautiful
View Quote

I really like the wood stocked one.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:02:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

https://photos.smugmug.com/Firearms/Foriegnguns/Valmet-M76/i-FdMknQC/0/XL/IMG_4872-XL.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://photos.smugmug.com/Firearms/Foriegnguns/Valmet-M76/i-FdMknQC/0/XL/IMG_4872-XL.jpg

Nothing modest about that.  Great collection. I have only seen the top, metal stocked one, in person. The others are super rare. Thanks for the pictures.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 3:17:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Wow those sell for $7, 500-8, 000? Are they full auto?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:22:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Wow those sell for $7, 500-8, 000? Are they full auto?
View Quote

lol...no. A full auto in on Gunbroker right now for $30,000. Doesn't mean they'll get that, but it's where it's the starting price.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:34:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Beautiful Rifle OP. You definitely picked up a rare bird. Seeing your pics and hearing your story makes me sad and hopeful at the same time. I just found out I am going to have to put my beloved M76 for sale. Your pic and find gives me hope that one day I may run across another Valmet in 7.62x39 for sale. Enjoy it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:13:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Beautiful Rifle OP. You definitely picked up a rare bird. Seeing your pics and hearing your story makes me sad and hopeful at the same time. I just found out I am going to have to put my beloved M76 for sale. Your pic and find gives me hope that one day I may run across another Valmet in 7.62x39 for sale. Enjoy it.
View Quote

While in the end, guns are just things and can be replaced if need be, I would try to find another solution to whatever your current financial shortfall is.

In my experience, there will always be some kind of monetary crisis and there are always going to be bills that need to be paid. I have sold off the bulk of my guns a time or two in order to free up some money for things like a down payment on a house and to pay for a divorce, but on the average you will get relatively little money out of one or two guns (although a M76 in x39 is rare and valuable) and once they are gone, they will always cost you more to replace them down the line. I have never regretted keeping guns, only selling them.

However, it is your decision as to what is the correct course to take. Good luck and I hope it works out for you
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 12:34:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Nice find OP. I would leave it exactly like it is. As it's already tacticool and very different.
View Quote

Agree. That very unique. I like it.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top