Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/29/2016 10:06:18 PM EDT
I bought an SLR-104 triangle sidefolder about 2 years ago and it developed pretty bad trigger slap issues with the stock Arsenal trigger group.  I've posted about that issue before but am just finally now getting around to changing out the trigger group.

What is the best option and where is a good place to buy it? I know the Tapco G2 triggers are cheap and plentiful, but I'm not sure if they will work in an AK-74 variant.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:10:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you seen the ALG AKT?

https://algdefense.com/ak-trigger-akt.html
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:21:16 PM EDT
[#2]
G2's will work just fine in a 74 variant.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 11:13:32 PM EDT
[#3]
The ALG AKT is great.  I use it in my 104UR SBR.  

I've never been a fan of the G2, but it will work fine in a 74.  It has a light pull that feels really long, so I never found it very predictable as far as being able to tell when it's going to break.  The AKT is short and light.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 1:24:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Buy the AKT from brownelles. I have them in two of my aks now and they are superior to the g2 in both pull and reset. Also buy the tapco plate to replace the shepherds hook while youre at it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 1:47:55 AM EDT
[#5]
How many rounds through your trigger group?  I have a couple SLR-104's and just want to know what to look out for.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 4:55:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Again, ALG AKT. Geissle is parent company. That should be all that needs to be said:)
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 8:49:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How many rounds through your trigger group?  I have a couple SLR-104's and just want to know what to look out for.
View Quote

Right around 1000 or so. I've posted this picture before, but the anti slap rivet was completely mushroomed:  
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 2:29:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Have not seen any trigger issue that could not be solved with a little file/Dremmel action. Add some polishing for outstanding AK trigger.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 2:57:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I went ahead and ordered the ALG AKT from Midway.

I'll post an update when I get it installed in my rifle and get a chance to shoot it.

Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 3:41:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Factory chicom double-hook trigger, and your choice of hammer and disconnector, Tapco or Takt work fine. Mods necessary of course for smoothness and fitting the double-hook into single-hook receiver.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 4:09:11 PM EDT
[#11]
ALG AKT as well as a JTE Performance Power spring from Carolina Shooters Supply and Tapco shepherds crook.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 5:04:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I went ahead and ordered the ALG AKT from Midway.

I'll post an update when I get it installed in my rifle and get a chance to shoot it.

Thanks for the info!
View Quote

AKT. You chose right.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 3:07:56 PM EDT
[#13]
agreed on the alg trigger. it's a better trigger than the tapco.  You'll need to file is down a bit to fit in the 104, and its a bit of a pain, but worth it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 8:38:23 PM EDT
[#14]
I like the face and the reset on the ALG, but its kind of mushy to me, no "wall" to speak of.

I like the G2 better and if it weren't for having to mess with that freaking paperclip, I would have swapped it long ago.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 12:03:01 PM EDT
[#15]
I didnt like the 2 stage on the arsenal trigger so i smoothed it out. It feels alot better just by doing that, and that trigger slap could be removed as well. I would like to try one of those new triggers myself oneday.

I just hate messing with that dam s hook crap with it
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top