Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/29/2016 9:56:33 AM EDT
Hey all, so I have a Polish kit with populated barrel and am looking for a builder. Here's what's up right now. 1 place told me 575.00 and up no matter what, that's where they start. Another told me 300.00 if I do the fcg and furniture (which I want to do) but I have to sign off on it and no test fire or anything. I would think that if I'm having them work on it they'd throw some b.s. fcg and furniture on just to test to make sure. I get that they can just check the head space with go/no go gauges. Am I wrong or over thinking this? So idk if I should just let someone do everything as a kind of have somewhere to call just in case situation or have them do the skeleton build and sign off. What I'd like to do is find someone with the tools and experience to help me put it together myself. That would be ideal. Anyhow any help would be great. Thanks guys, and if you want p.m. me if you are local ( WI) and could help me build it myself. Willing to pay to learn ??
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 11:26:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I had my AKS74U built by Troy Sellars at InRange. They did an amazing job. If I remember correctly it was $450+/- for the whole build including KG gunkote on the receiver, which matched the Russian parts kit perfectly. They build/repair all types of AK's. I would have them build me another AK in the future.

Troy Sellars
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 12:34:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't believe that Troy is taking any new work.  He has been working full time at DDI for the past year getting that operation running.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 2:52:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Already populated barrel? Shoot get you one of those Tortort 80% milled receivers, drill the holes and trim the ejector and press that baby in, done!
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 4:57:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't believe that Troy is taking any new work.  He has been working full time at DDI for the past year getting that operation running.
View Quote

I did not know that. Shame, I loved his work.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top