Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/27/2016 11:06:20 AM EDT
Thought I'd do a brief show and tell on a couple of "new" AK's that I picked up recently.

I walked into my favorite local gun store just as this was coming in to be sold. As soon as I could I grabbed it and hung on until I made the deal to purchase it.

1985 Polytech Spiker, looked to be unfired when I got it, but  have taken care of that. This is absolutely the smoothest out of the box stamped AK I have ever owned.

A couple of weeks later I walked into the same store and saw a box sitting behind the counter:

Recognizing the importer (and the "made in China" on the box, I asked to look at it and wound up taking it home.

Made in the same factory as the Polytech Legend series of rifles, my understanding is that the milled Norincos were only imported for one year. This pic was taken right after I got it home and before I had a chance to rub some oil on it. It is still brand new and, like the Polytech, had never been shot beyond the factory test fire. Like all milled AK's, it is as smooth as buttered glass even with zero lubricant.

I have ordered a stock set from Ironwood as well as a front sight base and gas block to deban it and turn it into a Legend clone.

Oh yeah, when I picked up the Polytech the guy had brought in another rifle. After thinking about it overnight, went back the next day and brought home this:

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:32:32 AM EDT
[#1]
You lucky SOB

Ok, so what kind of damage did each rifle do to your wallet (I'm guessing a total of $4500)
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:37:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Actually, it wasn't all that bad.

Polytech, $1500
Milled Norinco, $650
Daewoo, $1000

Total=$3150

I pretty much destroyed my bank account, but I don't care. I will always get more money, how often do these type of rifles come up foe sale?
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:57:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Wow perfect shape and all in one spot.
Good deal.

How did you find the stash ?
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:43:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Actually, it wasn't all that bad.

Polytech, $1500
Milled Norinco, $650
Daewoo, $1000

Total=$3150

I pretty much destroyed my bank account, but I don't care. I will always get more money, how often do these type of rifles come up foe sale?
View Quote

You did good!  Especially on the spiker.  You won't find too many of those for $1,500 these days.  Especially in pristine condition.  Most people want well over $2,000 for a NIB spiker.

That Daewoo also looks pretty unused.  At least from the outside.  I've wanted one of those for awhile, but can never find a decent one at a price I'm willing to pay.

I only wish I had one of these "We have no idea what these guns are worth" shops in my town.  At most of the pawn shops and dealers around here, you'd be lucky to find a bubba'd up MAK 90 for less than $900.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:46:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I've clearly been going to the wrong gun shops my entire life.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:54:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've clearly been going to the wrong gun shops my entire life.

View Quote

Me too...
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:54:33 PM EDT
[#7]
The owner of the shop is a friend of mine. While he needs to make money to keep the store open, he does give me deals on guns. As for the Daewoo, it too, was unfired.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:55:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Dang, I'm jealous!  Nice Op.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 1:32:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Very nice.  I especially like the Daewoo.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:10:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Congrats on the Polytech. Got a few myself and they are, by far, some of the smoothest functioning AK rifles out there IMHO. Nice 'Woo too. Make sure you clean for corrosive after running any of the older surplus ammo thru it, just FYI. Pay no attention to the "NON-CORROSIVE" on the box since it was kind of hit or miss when it came to being correctly labeled.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:17:17 AM EDT
[#11]
I hope you shoot the piss outta them.

Nice score(s)
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:34:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Well done

Z
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 6:15:11 AM EDT
[#13]
That was a serious score ! Just think if Hitlery gets elected, you've just secured your retirement.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 6:35:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Which shop, if you don't mind saying?
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:06:37 PM EDT
[#15]
well done.  That polytech is a beauty.  Def got some good deals, on some quality ak's.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 8:56:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:07:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for all the kind comments. The last Chinese AK I had was back in the late nineties when I had a MAK90. I picked up six cases of Ammo for it when it was $79 a case and shot the snot out of that rifle until I ran out of ammo and then sold it. I was impressed with Chinese AK's and that thing took a licking and kept on ticking. I can't wait for the Ironwood stock set to show up so I can get that ugly butthole stock off of the MAK90.

These will go well with the rest of my small AK type rifle collection:
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 3:34:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Thanks for all the kind comments. The last Chinese AK I had was back in the late nineties when I had a MAK90. I picked up six cases of Ammo for it when it was $79 a case and shot the snot out of that rifle until I ran out of ammo and then sold it. I was impressed with Chinese AK's and that thing took a licking and kept on ticking. I can't wait for the Ironwood stock set to show up so I can get that ugly butthole stock off of the MAK90.

These will go well with the rest of my small AK type rifle collection:
https://photos.smugmug.com/Firearms/Group-shots/i-tBVbsZV/2/XL/IMG_4632-XL.jpg
View Quote

Time to add some SBR goodness to that collection.

So worth it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:44:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Time to add some SBR goodness to that collection.

So worth it.
View Quote

Been waiting almost six months for the stamp for the M92 on the left. I am hoping it will be here soon.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 7:36:10 PM EDT
[#20]
I just want to stand next to you and bask in your glowing aura.  Great haul!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top