Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2016 1:49:08 AM EDT
I have a factory slr104ur SBR that is key holing. I also have a slr104ur that I did a form 1 on and cut myself (first time ever cutting a barrel) I used a saw and a brass screw with grinding compound to crown it. It doesn't key hole. What the fuck? Will arsenal give a shit enough to fix it? It doesn't look like there is enough left of the barrel to re-face and re-crown. When I cut my own, I left enough barrel to re face and crown of need be since it was my first attempt.  Anything I can do to remedy the problem?
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 2:05:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I would contact arsenal, those arn't cheap guns!!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 2:06:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Make them fix it under warranty.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 6:37:42 AM EDT
[#3]
What ammo is keyholing?

Maybe it has a rifling twist optimized for light bullets in the short barrel?
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 7:11:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What ammo is keyholing?

View Quote
this is the first thing you need to address. If you're shooting commercial Wolf or Tula and it's heavier than 7N6, that may be the problem. Although ideally it should be able to handle any of the ammo IMO.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Link Posted: 5/20/2016 9:34:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Does it have a US made barrel?
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 11:27:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Send it back. Let Arsenal deal with it. If you try and can't fix it they will probably deny warranty work since you worked on it. So just let them deal with it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 5:56:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I would contact Arsenal and send it back on their dime.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 7:59:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Post a pic of both crowns.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 7:59:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Double
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 3:13:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What ammo is keyholing?

View Quote

the twist should be the same in the factory sbr and the non sbr, at least according to arsenals description.  Op were you shooting the same ammo in both?  What ammo were you shooting?  If you are using correct ammo for twist rate then it definitely has be the barrel and Arsenal should fix it under warranty.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top