Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2016 11:21:36 AM EDT
Just a PSA, Kvar has 7.62x39 Vepr's for $659. just got one.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 4:27:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Atlantic has them too, and I would definitely do business with them before i'd buy anything from Kvar.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 4:45:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Atlantic has them too, and I would definitely do business with them before i'd buy anything from Kvar.
View Quote

Just for future reference, whats the beef with Kvar?
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 5:34:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tech forum, can't do it. But I will say Atlantic's record speaks for itself, as does Kvar's.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 7:09:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I just ordered a 7.62x54 VEPR from AIM.  Figured something different would be fun and I've got several k rounds that would last 200 years at the rate I shoot my Mosins.  Looking forward to checking out that Molot quality.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 10:13:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Bought mine from K-Var. The rifle is exceptional and K-Var had it here fast.

Link Posted: 5/11/2016 10:14:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I just ordered a 7.62x54 VEPR from AIM.  Figured something different would be fun and I've got several k rounds that would last 200 years at the rate I shoot my Mosins.  Looking forward to checking out that Molot quality.
View Quote
you'll love it.  They're cannons

Link Posted: 5/13/2016 11:59:23 AM EDT
[#7]
I had a small issue arise a few hours after I purchased the Vepr, the status of my order went from processing to "backordered". I got on the phone and called Kvar, spoke with a nice lady named Deborah and within 15 min I had the issue straighten out and a UPS tracking #. I guess they had a lot of orders come in for the same rifle.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 2:52:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I had a small issue arise a few hours after I purchased the Vepr, the status of my order went from processing to "backordered". I got on the phone and called Kvar, spoke with a nice lady named Deborah and within 15 min I had the issue straighten out and a UPS tracking #. I guess they had a lot of orders come in for the same rifle.
View Quote

It's understandable they are selling fast. I love mine and I want two more.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 9:44:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Do they have the old importer marks machined out on the receiver? It'd be on the left side just above the mag opening.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 10:19:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Do they have the old importer marks machined out on the receiver? It'd be on the left side just above the mag opening.
http://i.imgur.com/yu6e6Il.jpg
View Quote

Not sure, I can report back Tuesday.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 11:59:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I wonder if a 5.56 version will be imported.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 4:17:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm holding out for square back versions.

Is the Vepr 7.62x39mm 16" barrel AK47 profile?
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 4:42:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Will there be square back Veprs imported?  I hope so
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 5:30:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah I don't think your going to see square backs anymore. I read a thread on akfiles in which mrgunsngear said Molot doesn't intend to import them because they don't want to have them banned, I guess having a squared receiver at the rear looks scarier.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 5:40:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yeah I don't think your going to see square backs anymore. I read a thread on akfiles in which mrgunsngear said Molot doesn't intend to import them because they don't want to have them banned, I guess having a squared receiver at the rear looks scarier.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

wow that was the only reason why I did not buy one when everyone was selling them dirt cheap a few years back because supposedly the square backs were coming in.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 5:49:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

wow that was the only reason why I did not buy one when everyone was selling them dirt cheap a few years back because supposedly the square backs were coming in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep here's the thread on akfiles pay special attention to mrgunsngear's posts K-Var VEPR's are here!!!
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 4:51:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/yu6e6Il.jpg
View Quote

Yes, mine looks like that.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 11:06:06 AM EDT
[#18]
I picked up a Squareback in .308 2 or 3 years ago.  I think those shipments were the only VEPR's in squareback with the chainsaw stocks you will ever be seeing.  I wish my 308 was the slant back and my x39 was the square but I have a feeling that I'll probably never find a 7.62x39 squareback for sale at a reasonable price.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 6:31:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would imagine it'll be RPK-profile, albeit 16".
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 1:26:56 AM EDT
[#20]
I contemplating about ordering one , but do not need to spend the money right now. I did see that http://www.carolinashooterssupply.com/SGM_Tactical_SAIGA_Rifle_7_62x39_Surefire_30rd_Mag_p/sgm-vepr-7.62.htm  has Vepr mags in stock. The bullet guide is installed in the mag so it will feed 30 round mags.

Link Posted: 5/18/2016 3:03:24 PM EDT
[#21]
I picked mine up yesterday and yes it does have the scrubbed markings just like the pictures above. my first impressions are this thing just oozes quality, all the rivets are perfect, the machining on the bolt and carrier looks great. The action although it's smooth is very tight (no side to side play in the carrier like in my Yugo's or Romy's). I do have a couple concerns/critiques that maybe some of the resident Vepr owners can clear up, the gas piston on this Vepr seems to be attached very tightly to the carrier unlike all my other AK's which have some wiggle to them. are they supposed to be that way? also I'm guessing they (Molot) uses the same paint that Arsenal Bulgaria uses on the SLR? that kind of sucks because I started to use some brake cleaner to hose off the metric shit ton of oil that was all over the rifle and well some of the paint started to go with it.

Quoted:
I contemplating about ordering one , but do not need to spend the money right now. I did see that http://www.carolinashooterssupply.com/SGM_Tactical_SAIGA_Rifle_7_62x39_Surefire_30rd_Mag_p/sgm-vepr-7.62.htm  has Vepr mags in stock. The bullet guide is installed in the mag so it will feed 30 round mags.

View Quote

Its easy enough to drill and tap the trunnion to install a bullet guide, I'm not sure why anyone would want to use special mags.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 6:47:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
, the gas piston on this Vepr seems to be attached very tightly to the carrier unlike all my other AK's which have some wiggle to them. are they supposed to be that way?
View Quote

Normal when new for a Vepr, they loosen up a tad after a bunch of rounds, but still tighter than my other AK's.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 10:00:02 PM EDT
[#23]
I also ordered a 7.62x39mm 16.5" from Kvar, I should pick it up Tuesday or Wednesday.

Question for you guys, If I wanna convert it to a AKM profile what all do I need/need to do?

I know I need to install a bullet guide, shave a little off the mag catch/release and have a stock adapter. Is there anything else I need?
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 10:09:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I also ordered a 7.62x39mm 16.5" from Kvar, I should pick it up Tuesday or Wednesday.

Question for you guys, If I wanna convert it to a AKM profile what all do I need/need to do?
I know I need to install a bullet guide, shave a little off the mag catch/release and have a stock adapter. Is there anything else I need?
View Quote

If you want to use standard akm handguard your going to need a gas tube and a Vepr specific bolt on handguard retainer.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 10:20:54 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

If you want to use standard akm handguard your going to need a gas tube and a Vepr specific bolt on handguard retainer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think I might try and see about putting/Modding a Magpul Zhukov handguard on it. I think I read somewhere that AKOU did a vid on it, anyone have a link?

Link Posted: 5/18/2016 11:08:43 PM EDT
[#26]
These make the nicest stamped receiver AK I have ever owned. You would be hard pressed to get mine from me at any price. Just a smooth, accurate shooter. Would love to have a couple more before the panic sets in in the fall.

Link Posted: 5/18/2016 11:12:16 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

These make the nicest stamped receiver AK I have ever owned. You would be hard pressed to get mine from me at any price. Just a smooth, accurate shooter. Would love to have a couple more before the panic sets in in the fall.

http://imgdump2.novarata.net/image.php?di=558T

View Quote
WOW....just WOW

Link Posted: 5/20/2016 5:07:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

http://imgdump2.novarata.net/image.php?di=558T

View Quote

Where did you get that stock adaptor? I want to get one and put a Zhukov folder on it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 10:11:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Where did you get that stock adaptor? I want to get one and put a Zhukov folder on it.
View Quote

From Carolina shooters supply.

http://www.carolinashooterssupply.com/VEPR_Wood_Stock_Adapter_internal_block_p/sgm-int-sleeve-adpt.htm
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 12:31:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

http://www.carolinashooterssupply.com/VEPR_Wood_Stock_Adapter_internal_block_p/sgm-int-sleeve-adpt.htm
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks much. Once I find out about ALG trigger compatability I will probably pick up a VEPR of my own.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top