Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/27/2016 5:58:10 PM EDT
Simple question. Are there any AK-47 variants that take AR-15 accessories? Or, at the very least, come from the factory with a well-fitted Picatinny?

My main focus is getting a good "bugout" AK-47 variant that can make use of any of the many AR-15 accessories out there, but could also take the very common AK-47 parts and clips. I already have a AR-15 family rifle. My concern is mainly being able to make use of whatever I can find or make available to myself.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 6:16:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Simple question. Are there any AK-47 variants that take AR-15 accessories? Or, at the very least, come from the factory with a well-fitted Picatinny?

My main focus is getting a good "bugout" AK-47 variant that can make use of any of the many AR-15 accessories out there, but could also take the very common AK-47 parts and clips. I already have a AR-15 family rifle. My concern is mainly being able to make use of whatever I can find or make available to myself.
View Quote

The AK series of rifles has a whole bunch of things you can clamp onto it. Now check out manticore arms and midwest industries. there are a bunch of others too. Also when you refer to clips what specifically are you referring to?
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 6:43:05 PM EDT
[#2]
My sig 556r is pretty sweet
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 7:17:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Pretty much all of them can take add-ons that will provide rails. Midwest industries, Ultimak, TWS,  Troy, and a bunch more make gear that you want for almost every variant.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:34:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 11:07:06 PM EDT
[#5]
There's the CMMG MK47 mutant that is basically an AR that takes AK mags. I just bought a 10 inch barrel pistol version today that I will SBR and suppress. AKs are a real pain to suppress because of the thread pitch and concentricity (or lack thereof).
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 11:07:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Edit: Need to remember to read.

You could wait for the galil ace to be re-released.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:25:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Unless your talking about stocks, pistolgrips, handguards or triggers the parts aren't ar15 specific. Get a decent railed forend for the AK and everything should fit.

I also stand my my belief that we are in America and in a situation like your thinking AR mags will be pretty common if not more than AKs...

Not to pile on but just a word of advice dont say clip...youll get a ton of shit for it.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top